Anyone recommend or try other intense DVD workouts?

Options
2»

Replies

• mom2boys75
    mom2boys75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like the Advocare "Can You 24" DVD set. There are two discs and each one has three separate workouts -- for a total of six different workout programs. Each one is only 24 minutes long (which I like because I try to exercise in the morning before I go to work). Even though they're short, they are very intense -- I do the advanced levels and I am sweating like crazy when I get done. The cost was $39 -- I bought it at my chiropractor's office. But I'm sure you could go online and buy it from the Advocare website or on Amazon.

My husband and I have done Insanity and P90X and there are lots of similar exercises/moves on the Advocare DVD's.
  • snarf432
    snarf432 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that TurboFire is on SALE this week...55% off...so its really really affordable...if you are interested, but wary cuz of the $$.

PM me if you would like more details...but there are TONS of other really great workouts also. I love the 30DS and the Windsor Pilates series.

Laura
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    OP I see a lot of Jillian's 30 Day Shred comments in this thread...and I'm here to say you need to try it. If you don't believe me, just search for 30 Day Shred Results on MFP....you'll see lots of people getting toned with this DVD. For $9 and 20 minutes a day it can't be beat. Btw, I didn't have any problems with my knees and I'm a runner! So not sure why people say it's hard on the knees. There is a beginner and advanced version if you have problems. Just take it slow.

Again, you can try it for free on YouTube. If you don't have 5lb weights just use cans of corn or something like that lol. Here are my results:

Ripped-In-30-Day30-results--1_zps0df2b730.jpg
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I like the Advocare "Can You 24" DVD set. There are two discs and each one has three separate workouts -- for a total of six different workout programs. Each one is only 24 minutes long (which I like because I try to exercise in the morning before I go to work). Even though they're short, they are very intense -- I do the advanced levels and I am sweating like crazy when I get done. The cost was $39 -- I bought it at my chiropractor's office. But I'm sure you could go online and buy it from the Advocare website or on Amazon.

My husband and I have done Insanity and P90X and there are lots of similar exercises/moves on the Advocare DVD's.

Great! thank you for the post and information, i will have to look it up! (Did you like P90X or Insanity more? Which one do you feel you got stronger with or had better results with?)
  • Marcillene
    Options
    Just wanted to say that TurboFire is on SALE this week...55% off...so its really really affordable...if you are interested, but wary cuz of the $$.

PM me if you would like more details...but there are TONS of other really great workouts also. I love the 30DS and the Windsor Pilates series.

Laura

How much would 55% off bring the price down to?
  • Marcillene
    Options
    OP I see a lot of Jillian's 30 Day Shred comments in this thread...and I'm here to say you need to try it. If you don't believe me, just search for 30 Day Shred Results on MFP....you'll see lots of people getting toned with this DVD. For $9 and 20 minutes a day it can't be beat. Btw, I didn't have any problems with my knees and I'm a runner! So not sure why people say it's hard on the knees. There is a beginner and advanced version if you have problems. Just take it slow.

Again, you can try it for free on YouTube. If you don't have 5lb weights just use cans of corn or something like that lol. Here are my results:

Ripped-In-30-Day30-results--1_zps0df2b730.jpg

Great results! Thank you! is the ripped in 30 another JM video? How many days a week did you do the JM30DS?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!