How to curb cravings

Options
Any advice on how yall avoid caving in to unhealthy food? I used to have such discipline with it but lately I can't stop myself!!

Replies

• paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm feeling like I want to eat (especially when I'm bored!), I drink a glass of water, or I just do something to distract myself (such as answering forums on MFP wahaha). I also like watching movies or reading books!
    If you really can't control the craving, eat a bit of it, or have a snack low on calories (popcorn!)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Stop looking at food as simply "healthy" and "unhealthy".

Don't restrict foods you like.

Within your calorie and macronutrient limits eat a balanced variety of foods, this includes items that are termed "unhealthy".

Create a calorie deficit and you will lose.
  • twesa434
    Options
    I usually eat something spicy like a couple of peporcinis. They are low in calories and the spice tricks your stomach into feeling full. Plus I usually drink a ton of water because of how spicy they are!! More water=more full. :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Stop looking at food as simply "healthy" and "unhealthy".

Don't restrict foods you like.

Within your calorie and macronutrient limits eat a balanced variety of foods, this includes items that are termed "unhealthy".

Create a calorie deficit and you will lose.

yup
  • steved1661
    steved1661 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, especially all you water drinkers... keep that water as ice water... I know I saw someplace there is a formula which is more specific... but you will burn a few more calories (and I mean very single-digit few) bringing that water down to normal body temperature... but do that with 64 ounces of water a day... they all add up!!

Good Workouts to ALL !!
  • JJeffff24
    JJeffff24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    paradi3s wrote: »
    Whenever I'm feeling like I want to eat (especially when I'm bored!), I drink a glass of water, or I just do something to distract myself (such as answering forums on MFP wahaha). I also like watching movies or reading books!
    If you really can't control the craving, eat a bit of it, or have a snack low on calories (popcorn!)
    I drink ALOT of water. When I get bored of water I switch it up to tea. I do sometimes give in to my cravings, but small portions (a nibble or bite) just to taste. If I can control my cravings then I treat myself on my off day.
  • ek0513
    ek0513 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Drinking water helps a ton, or what I like to do sometimes is brush my teeth if I am having trouble with fighting the urge to stay out of the kitchen.