I need help

I've been exersing more an eating smaller portions but I'm not losing any weight

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Count your calories and make sure you're in a deficit.
  • I count my calories with this app I'm always under my calories I'm never negative
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Are you weighing and measuring all your food? What settings do you have as your profile? Sedentary, active...? How long have you been at this?
  • I'm measuring the food by portion size.. I've been trying to lose weight since hug school graduated in 2012 and gained 23 pounds since I graduated.
  • And I'm active I'm always on my feet moving around at work.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Please consider opening your diary if you want good advice otherwise everyone is mostly guessing and might not be able give you the help you want.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Have you seen a doctor?
  • No I haven't seen a doctor.
  • skuvet
    skuvet Posts: 4
    Have you changed your weight on the app? This will change your calorie allotment. Drink Hot water with fresh squeezed lemon upon rising, get into digestive enzymes from Pharmaceutical grade companies like Standard Process. Strength training, build more muscle, Yoga, Laughter yoga, (Check out Meetup.org for where to take the classes). Volunteer for a cause you love....be kind to yourself.
  • How many times a day you eat? If you eat once a day that mihgt be the problem. You should eat 5-6 times a day. How many water do you drink? You should drink 34g of pure water per kilo of your weight. The carbohydrates should be used at first part of the day.
  • I eat like 4-5 times a day when I'm not working. I usually drink 4-5 bottle of water a day, the pure life water.
  • kevinmacpa
    kevinmacpa Posts: 84 Member
    And I'm active I'm always on my feet moving around at work.

Moving around at work might not burn as much calorie as you might think. Make sure you set your activity level correctly. If your only movement is walking around at work, I would use sedentary as my activity level, and estimate how many minutes I walk around at work and log it under cardio exercise. See if this give you a different daily calorie limit.

Hope this helps.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I noticed you ignored my post about opening your diary. Fair enough, you don't have to show it but then if you are still stuck in a few months I suggest you consider it. Can you at least tell us how many net calories you are on?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Have you been weighing your good or just "measuring" via cups and stuff?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Have you been weighing your good or just "measuring" via cups and stuff?

Yeah I think the OP responded saying they "measure by the portion size". If this isn't using a food scale then the measurement could be far from accurate

Op read the stickies on the forum they should help you troubleshoot your process and ensure that you're recording all your calories correctly
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I'm measuring the food by portion size.. I've been trying to lose weight since hug school graduated in 2012 and gained 23 pounds since I graduated.

in which case you have no idea how much you're eating at all

buy a digital scale - weigh everything, log your entries carefully picking from the MFP database with care, scanning barcodes, building your own recipes (don't use homemade entries and take care when using asterisked entries that you check member confirmations and pack nutrients / website calorie equivalents)

if you're not losing weight - it's because you are eating too many calories

I am only just learning how to guestimate portion sizes and I've been weighing my food for about 8 months now and training my eye - I would still get it wrong 9 times out of 10 and the difference is 100s of calories
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    How many times a day you eat? If you eat once a day that mihgt be the problem. You should eat 5-6 times a day. How many water do you drink? You should drink 34g of pure water per kilo of your weight. The carbohydrates should be used at first part of the day.

No - so much bro-science rubbish

it doesn't matter how often you eat
    It doesn't matter what kind of water you drink - tap water is fine
    Carbohydrate timing - meh!
  • rabbitjb wrote: »
    How many times a day you eat? If you eat once a day that mihgt be the problem. You should eat 5-6 times a day. How many water do you drink? You should drink 34g of pure water per kilo of your weight. The carbohydrates should be used at first part of the day.

It really do matter :) The wright way of eating might improve or ruin your metabolism. Thats firstly. Secondly that can help avoid of eating everything eattable. No starving thats the first rule of successful weight loss.
    If the water in the tap is drinkable -it's fine :) not everyone has such abbility.
    Carbohydrates are source of energy. And the energy is not used, can not be delayed till the next day. The body save if for the worst fimes as a fat. So the result of evening carbohydrates is no energy at day time and growing weight.
    Your choise to believe it or not. But it really work :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »

It really do matter :) The wright way of eating might improve or ruin your metabolism. Thats firstly. Secondly that can help avoid of eating everything eattable. No starving thats the first rule of successful weight loss.
    If the water in the tap is drinkable -it's fine :) not everyone has such abbility.
    Carbohydrates are source of energy. And the energy is not used, can not be delayed till the next day. The body save if for the worst fimes as a fat. So the result of evening carbohydrates is no energy at day time and growing weight.
    Your choise to believe it or not. But it really work :)

I eat carbs at night all the time and I'm losing