Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Strength Training for Muscle Striation and Build

Looking to talk with people like myself who have no weight to lose and are working towards muscle striation and development. I am new to the strength side of the gym and I am struggling with the varied workouts and changes in eating. Motivation and suggestions would be great!

Replies

• cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Muscle striation is due to the fact of having low enough bodyfat level to see the muscle which typical denotes dieting. Muscle build needs a surplus of calories for the body to have to build the muscle with appropriate training. If you associate with the bodybuilder image as your goal physique, then you probably will want to look into spending time going through bulk and cut phases of your diet. In regards to training, a good strength program regardless of your diet to establish a base of strength and muscle, then shifting more toward a hypertrophic program which drops the weight a little but shifts more to overall volume, especially during bulk phase. Just understand the two are somewhat exclusive, thus cutting for a few months, then bulking for a few months (or vice versa).