not getting anywhere ..

Options
I've been doing everything right. Eating the right foods, drinking a ton of water and cut out all caffeinated beverages (except coffee), exercising daily or every other day or as much as I can at least.. But I'm not seeing any results :( it really puts my mood down and makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong . any advice ?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    How long have you been 'doing everything right'? How much of 'the right foods' are you eating?
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without being able to look at your diary. Your logging may be inaccurate causing you to be eating more than you think you are.
  • kristenmichelle9214
    Options
    Honestly not that long. About 2 weeks lol. I know I probably won't see results this soon but its just hard . I've always had trouble with losing weight . and I've been trying my best to eat only healthy things . I cut out all sugary things (candy, soda, chocolate) bad carbs and just *kitten* food in general. But I really don't know much of what's good and bad . I'm just going with my gut instinct (literally).
  • kristenmichelle9214
    Options
    I'm new to this app so I'm not too sure how to let you look at my diary but I sent you a request . hopefully that works. Based on my weight and all the other stuff you put in to calculate how many calories I'm allowed to have I should be having 1350 I believe and that seems like a lot to me . I never meet my goal :/
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    1) 2 weeks isn't long enough to see results for many people. Weight fluctuates naturally.
    2) Log everything as accurately as possible.
    3) There's no need to cut out "bad foods" (there's no such thing as a "bad food", except foods that aren't appealing), you just have to make sure you don't exceed your total daily calorie allowance.
    4) If you're using MFP properly, there's no need to go with your gut instinct. Either something fits into your calories for the day or it doesn't. Salad =/= automatically "good for you" in terms of helping you reach your goal.
    5) Don't lose heart: slow and steady is the way to go, and you'll get the hang of it!
  • Laurend224
    Options
    Make sure you are weighing and logging your food accurately.

What exactly are 'bad' carbs? You can still enjoy the foods you love (yes, chocolate and soda too) if you fit them into your day.

You were eating more than 1350 calories a day in order to have weight to lose, so I don't see how you think that is 'a lot' of food.

Try and get close to your target calories, 1350 really isn't a lot.

You are going to have to be patient, if you have less weight to lose, it will come off more slowly.

Don't give up, trust the process, it works.
  • kristenmichelle9214
    Options
    Thank you ladies ! I'm trying my best . and I honestly don't know what good and "bad" foods are so I'm just assuming that half of what I used to eat was bad food. Lol but I guess not. And could you explain what you mean by weighing my food ? Like everything on my plate ? Or like different parts of the meal ? Lol I'm very new to this "healthy lifestyle" so please don't judge .
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    You can go to settings -> Diary Settings and choose public.
  • kristenmichelle9214
    Options
    Thank you ! I think I fixed that :)
  • 52cardpickup
    Options
    There is no such thing as a bad food as long as it fits into your calories for the day. That's not to say that you should eat a pint of icecream for breakfast if you know it'll blow all your calories and you won't be able to eat anything for the rest of the day. Everything in moderation.

As for weighing, you should try to weigh every item that goes onto your plate/into your mouth. It's difficult for many, many people to accurately "eyeball" the amount of food they are eating, so they heavily underestimate the number of calories they are consuming.
  • kristenmichelle9214
    Options
    Okay . i dont have a scale for weighing foods :( but what does that do ? Like how much should your food weigh ?
  • 52cardpickup
    Options
    It's not for "how much should your food weigh" purposes, it's so that when you're logging your food, you get an accurate view of how much of it you're eating.

Peanut butter is a great example. If I measure with tablespoons, the calorie count can vary vastly because my "tablespoon" could be less or more than someone else's "tablespoon". If I WEIGH the peanut butter, 100g is 100g is 100g. When I log 100g of peanut butter, it gives me an accurate picture of how many calories are in the peanut butter I just ate. That, in turn, gives me a better picture of how much more I can eat that day.

If my peanut butter measurement is off and MFP tells me that I have 200 calories left to eat for the day, and I eat those calories, I may go over by 200 calories, which (for some people) completely obliterates my calorie deficit for the day.
  • Laurend224
    Options
    No, you weigh it so you know how many calories the item is. I just makes it easier to track/count calories. Descriptives like 'one small banana' are not very accurate. I've had bananas weigh between 90-156 grams. It adds up.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants#latest
  • kristenmichelle9214
    Options
    Ohh okaay! Lol well thank you ! Can I add you ? You definitely seem like you know what your talking about . that way I can message you if I have any questions if thats okay with you ? Lol
  • kristenmichelle9214
    Options
    Thank you !! Ill check into getting a food scale asap !
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Most even put on weight in their first month so don't stress about it.

You probably have lost weight but your body has also built muscle from the exercise also and even swollen a little. Don't worry you won't turn into a bodybuilder, the muscle was built as a result of you probably not using it before. As time goes by you will start to loose weight and exercise will become easier for you as you have developed the right muscles to do so.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's going to take more than two weeks. Patience is key and definitely weigh and measure everything you consume.
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    If you already are feeling this way after just two weeks you are seriously lacking reality in terms of weight loss. Patience women!
  • kristenmichelle9214
    Options
    Lol well thank you all for the advice . I am a very impatient person. But I'm also very dedicated . this time I won't give up . this time I will get to where I want to be. I just needed a little kick in the *kitten* and some help with what I'm doing definitely motivation . but like I said, thank you all for the advice !