NSV for the Winter Bulkers?

Options

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Congrats on these NSV in and out of the gym!

It's been about six weeks since I last measured and weighed, but during this bulk I went up 4 pounds and about 0.9% up in bf, which puts me currently at 200 lbs and 11.1% bf with abs. I've done two unofficials and the scale read 202.
  • elfman5150
    elfman5150 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm not trolling here, but what is NSV? The only thing I can find is 'non-starchy vegetables' but that seems to make zero sense here...
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    elfman5150 wrote: »
    I'm not trolling here, but what is NSV? The only thing I can find is 'non-starchy vegetables' but that seems to make zero sense here...
    The OP mentioned it in the first post, "Non Scale Victory".

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    took me months to figure it out.

but jason got it- none scale victory- so pretty much any goal that matters in this subforum. LOL
    Options
    Whatever happen to the thread about MFP acronyms? ICNFIETITGI

It's handy.

(I Can Never Find It Even Though I Have Tried Googling It.)
  • elfman5150
    Options
    Somehow I read it but didn't put two and two together haha. Well hopefully after my chest workout today I'll be able to post a few NSVs
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I focused a lot on squats and deadlifts from October through January. I ripped the seat of 2 pairs of pants. Mission accomplished!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Somehow I read it but didn't put two and two together haha. Well hopefully after my chest workout today I'll be able to post a few NSVs

I think I googled- or had to ask- or something- I never really got it either. It's not something I ever say- or really latched onto the idea. shrug- it is what it is.
    - PR's was always a good enough term for me ;)
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    New bench press PR last night followed by a new taco PR. Egg white PR this morning.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    New bench press PR last night followed by a new taco PR. Egg white PR this morning.

I approve of taco and egg PR's serperately.

bench is nice too- but taco PR is kind awesome.

I'm doing birthday things this week- hoping for some serious cake PR's. :disappointed_relieved:

And meat. there should be meat PR's
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    And meat. there should be meat PR's

Not sure if I care to see this one...but happy birthday none the less! Just set that Cake PR after a birthday leg workout...and give those carbs some place to go. ;)

And for those looking to set Taco PR's...here's something to aim for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75cZuxAsXYk

So sorry to confuse everyone...I thought I would try to speak the lingo I have only ever seen on MFP. Thought this could be a place for those bulking to show GAINS before summer dieting begins.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    All you can eat brazillian meat steak house.

it's worth the picture. and the food. and the PR.

ALL THE FOODZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • elfman5150
    Options

You just had to bring up the Brazilian steakhouse again, didn't you? I'm still trying to find some friends that want to go, but most of them are anti-bulkers (aka they will only go for the salad bar, and that's no fun). What's worse: drinking alone, or brazilian steakhousing alone?
  • JoRocka
    Options

You just had to bring up the Brazilian steakhouse again, didn't you? I'm still trying to find some friends that want to go, but most of them are anti-bulkers (aka they will only go for the salad bar, and that's no fun). What's worse: drinking alone, or brazilian steakhousing alone?

neither.
    both are acceptable in my world.

Secondly- I'm not even bulking and I still go.

Probably why I am not losing weight very quickly- but meat- 10 pounds- all the meat- 10 pounds- all the meat- 10 pounds.
    It's a discussion I have regularly in my head.
  • drepublic
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Another non scale victory...just noticed that my traps now have traps. Weighing in around 203 lbs. :D Anyone else still bulking? Thinking of starting a cut around March or April.

Robert-B-Traps.jpg
  • drepublic
    Options
    - goal this winter for me is to do a 45 plate for 5.

How is this goal coming along Jo? Video or it didn't happen...

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    NICE! :)

My NSV for today is a(nother) PR on OHP. 35 kg (77 lb) - not up there with the big boys but I'll take it!

Sadly, my bulk will be over soon too, 1.4 lb (or 3ish weeks) to go.
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I added another 4 lbs with another additional 2.8% bf since last check in December last Thursday. (Currently 204 lbs 13.9% bf.) When I began in November I checked in at 196 lbs and 10.1% bf.

Will continue to bulk until end of March and then test 1RM for the big three before cutting April 1st. GW is 205 and as lean as possible.
  • drepublic
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's time...

stone.jpg
  • JoRocka
    Options
    drepublic wrote: »
    - goal this winter for me is to do a 45 plate for 5.

How is this goal coming along Jo? Video or it didn't happen...

working on it still. I've gotten up to some solid sets of 5 with the 25- next time I'm going to be bumping to 35's- funny- after posting that I realized I don't do dips that often- should be at least once a week LOL

I'll get a video up!! I promize!