32 lbs down but is there a noticeable difference?

Options
Since mid October, I'm down 32 pounds. I'm pretty excited over all with the change in my clothes and energy etc. but in the picture below, I see a big difference in the end of October (top left picture) and the one beside it which was taken December 3. But I'm not seeing any difference in December and January. Is this typical? Anyhoo....I'm excited about the rest of my journey, I've got a ways to go where I need to be but can't wait to see all this lifting and cardio especially paying off!

51ntuefxtlth.jpg

Replies

• allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    congrats on the loss!! its kind of hard to tell for sure, give it more time :)
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great job! I see more definition in your waist between December & January, for sure.
  • cheslightsey
    cheslightsey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I think it is pretty typical for to not be able to see big changes (photo-wise) from month to month. You look great. Keep up the good work!
  • finners4
    finners4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look fab.congrats.. It's the last few pounds are the hardest .keep up the good work
  • pdwhitlock
    pdwhitlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    finners4 wrote: »
    You look fab.congrats.. It's the last few pounds are the hardest .keep up the good work

Thanks you guys. I have more than a few to go. My trainer tested my body fat % at 35 the other day which is down from 37% in december but still considered way overweight. I'm hoping to be in the low 20s by the end of the year or so.
  • mcclelland0484
    mcclelland0484 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I looked worse after dropping my first 30 lbs. I lost it fast and everything was loose and hanging. I almost gave up because I would rather have the gut than the hanging loose belly. It all comes back. Others will likely notice the difference before you do. You are prolly being overly critical of your own progress. Just keep it up and you'll be fine . You honestly don't look bad in the first picture much less the last one.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Smaller tummy, slimmer arms, slimmer hips, happy smile :)
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    you look great! and I am not sure but I think losing the fat and gaining muscle takes longer than just losing fat? I could be wrong though. You look a lot healthier overall like glowing.
  • bukowski_shine
    bukowski_shine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    beautiful loss!
  • tifflynn77
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the good work - definitely motivating for all of us!
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I see a difference, theres difference for sure in your waist! You look great, well done!
  • eatmindfully
    eatmindfully Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    First of all, can YOU notice!? how do you feel? I think you look amazing!!!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    There's definitely a difference in your waist and especially in your arms :smiley: it took me about the same amount of lbs to see a difference too, it's the last 20 or so lbs that really make a difference. Keep up the good work!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Your waist definitely looks smaller in January.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Well, I noticed in your before picture, you're wearing sunglasses with your hair down, and in the others you're not. Oh, and you seem to have lost significant amount of weight too, looking thinner, good job.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    It's generally hard to see change from month to month, even losing 2 pounds a week, that's only 8 pounds, not that easy to see in a picture. Compare December's to March's and you'll be surprised again. Great job on the loss!
  • Elektraani
    Elektraani Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I see a difference in your waist in January. Great job!!!
  • Guurl
    Guurl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    October - January I definitely see the diff. Great work
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    great job I can see a difference the waist is smaller
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Might be time to wear small stuff for your personal photo progress....or the same outfit. Even a swimsuit....hard to hide from yourself in a swimsuit! Take a few shots, front/back/side and flexing your muscles! From December to January your waist looks much smoother and more hourglass. The thighs look smaller too. Another way to go at it would be to add your measurements....then you will know for sure inches lost! You look great, but it is time for you to see and feel a difference :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!