Best friend's wedding next weekend....what to do?

Options
2»

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Fayeworth wrote: »
    I am invited to the full day which includes champagne on arrival, wine with a 3 course meal and then a bar through the afternoon/evening. I appreciate dieting shouldn't stop people doing things and enjoying themselves but what on earth am I going to do to at least try to stay within the boundaries? I will swim for an hour before I go but still feel like it's a lost cause.

Decide in advance how much alcohol you want to consume. Eat a reasonable amount of food. Don't eat or drink all the things if you don't want to.
    I'd do the champagne, wine with lunch and then non-alcoholic, unsweetened drinks the rest of the day/night. I'm not really a drinker though so a bar doesn't tempt me. I'd probably eat until I was full.

I wouldn't stress about it. As others have said, it is one day. Maybe eat light the day before and the day after. Exercise as you can. Get back to your normal routine after the event.

This is what I was going to say, also. Just eat what you want to eat. Just because food is there and everyone else is over eating doesn't mean you have to. Relax, enjoy, have a good time and focus on the event itself and the people. The food and drink should NOT take up more of your thoughts than the other parts of the day.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    What I always try to adhere to is to try and not embarrass myself on the dance floor and don't hook up with anyone - never a good idea at a wedding.

Oh wait, what were you asking about?

Damn guess I'm not asking you to be my plus 1

200_s.gif
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Eat, be happy, celebrate with your friend. Happiness is the key to weight loss. A balance has to be struck between restriction and enjoyment to ensure long term success.

A day doing so won't derail your weight loss, just as one day in the gym won't turn you in to a performance athlete.

You could increase your deficit pre and post wedding if you really wanted. But I'd just enjoy yourself, then continue eating at a deficit.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm usually a stickler about this stuff but, eh, don't worry at all about it. I agree you can bank some calories and even do some extra working out leading up to it and afterwards. But on that day, just enjoy yourself and don't worry about it. Don't let your BFF have memories of you being diet-anal on her special day. She's worth it!

I can't believe *I* just said this! But it's true! If you bank and then get right back at it, you may not even notice any change. In fact, you might be surprised by a drop in weight. I've heard a number of people say that after they have taken a break from "dieting".

Good luck!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    one day won't derail your progress.. we don't get fat from one bad day and we don't get fit from one good day. just enjoy it and move on :)
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    One day is not going to affect anything overall about your weight loss. As long as your are being consistent in general, don't worry about the wedding day -- have a good time. If you try to stay within your calorie limit then you're not going to have a good time and then regret it. Just celebrate with your friends. I would not even log anything that day at all.