Not New Here, but a New Beginning

Options
Hello! I've actually been on MFP for quite a while, but I haven't been putting in the work. Today, after weighing myself and reality *kitten*-slapping me, I decided it was time to start anew! I have 50 lbs to lose and I really believe most of it has to be done through my nutrition. I LOVE food...and seem to have absolutely NO will power at all when it comes to my favorites. So..if anyone would like to be friends and ride my *kitten* to make sure I stick to it, that'd be great!

A bit about me:

37 years old
2 amazing, frustrating, cute as hell kids
Fantastic husband who is not only sexy but cooks too

I love to run, but am currently sidelined due to ankle surgery 4 weeks ago. Hoping to get back to it in another couple of weeks!

So...who wants to be friends with this cynical, sarcastic, imperfect me??

Replies

• molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) 33, married but no kids and my husband can't cook lol. Totally need to get my nutrition in check. Also like to run and lift...lifting is my favorite.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'll add you... I just started the biggest loser challenge at work today so I am hoping that will help motivate me. I have been on here before and the first time I lost about 80 pounds by just tracking my food intake everyday so I know it works. I am back now about a year and half after having a baby and about 65 pounds to lose. Plus, I am getting married this coming October so I need this push now!! Welcome :)
  • wantmylifeback70
    wantmylifeback70 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Hello, been a long time since I have been on this site. I have really missed everyone here in the community. Initially after my bypass surgery I was doing well, but things quickly turned toward the worse. I had to get a pacemaker because I lost weight too quickly and that ruined the electrical function of my heart. In addition to the pacemaker for bradycardia I also have tachycardia (rapid heart). Then I developed a condition known as dysautonomia. That means that my central nervous system does not function like it should. Everything that our body does automatically like heart rate, blood pressure, body temp control, sugar regulation, digestion, ect. So I have been one sick girly. It is difficult to get through the day most days. Along with all this I have several other chronic health issues. BUT, I'm still here amount the living and I keep fighting my battle because life is so precious and no matter what I am going to make the best of each day WITH and By Gods good grace and mercy. In the last year I have had 5 deaths in the family. One was my daughters father and then she lost her father who was killed in the line of duty. In October my son had a motorcycle accident that left him FOR NOW paralyzed from his chest down. He is 25 years old. He spent a little over a week in ICU and then a month in rehabilitation center at UAB in Birmingham, Al. He is a veteran so his unit has been great and helpful to us in so many ways. Now he has physical therapy twice a week and numerous doctors appointments throughout the week. I stay with him most of the week, if not all week and then his fiancé helps. She and I take care of him and there 3 yr old son who is a whooping 40 pounds. He isn't overweight as in fat, but overweight and height for his age. So I'm getting lots of muscles from all this. I consider that a silver pinning to the situation. I can almost do my push ups on my tip toes, but not quite so I'm doing them on my knees still. Anyway, that is what has been going on with me. I sure look forward to hearing from you all. I see several friends from here have left my page and I realize that they probably figured I was gone, but I do hope to talk with them all again. You all really helped me when I joined the site and believe me when I say that through all of this I remembered some of that great advice during these hardships. Appreciate you all and I hope everyone has been doing well. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Like · Comment · 17 minutes

264b8c381a7b2a37958300c1cb905f7c1a59_thumb

wantmylifeback70 Not sure how to edit, but meant to say that my daughter lost her father in the line of duty and then lost her first baby.

14 minutes · Like · Delete