Quest bars

Options

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    sm1zzle wrote: »
    are they healthy?

Quest are very low carb, but I don't really care for the taste.

I really like the Think Thin bars.

Think-Products-ThinkThin-Lean-Protein-And-Fiber-Bar-Cinnamon-Bun-White-Chocolate-753656711027.jpg

bar_zps96602bae.jpg

Where can I find these!?!
    I hate the taste of quest bars...

I've found these at Kroger. I don't know if you have that store near you or not.
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    For someone like me who averaged about $10 dollars on fast food and soda DAILY I've found that switching to Quest bars and water has been a huge costs savings for me.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    LOVE Quest bars. If you like to scrutinize ingredient lists, you're not going to find a protein bar that has all-natural ingredients and anywhere near as good a macro breakdown. So you have to choose what's more important to you.

I agree with the "if you want all natural" bar comment, but there are plenty that are close or as good depending on one's views for a much cheaper cost.

Sure, I wasn't factoring cost. :) I imagined that the OP had thought of that since she'd asked if they were healthy as her concern.
  • LeslieCampbell35
    LeslieCampbell35 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Quest will send you 2 free samples if you want to try them first. On their website there's a link
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    LOVE Quest bars. If you like to scrutinize ingredient lists, you're not going to find a protein bar that has all-natural ingredients and anywhere near as good a macro breakdown. So you have to choose what's more important to you.

I agree with the "if you want all natural" bar comment, but there are plenty that are close or as good depending on one's views for a much cheaper cost.

Sure, I wasn't factoring cost. :) I imagined that the OP had thought of that since she'd asked if they were healthy as her concern.

I was referring to Macro break down. I didn't word my original reply right. :) It's early.

• riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars!!! My nutritionist HIGLY RECOMMENDS them as part of my high protein, low carb nutrition program. My favorite flavors are cookies and cream, strawberry cheese cake, vanilla almond crunch, and white chocolate raspberry. I usually buy a whole box since they cost more individually. You can usually get a coupon for them on retailmenot.com. I will also buy individual bars occasionally to taste different flavors so I'll know whether to buy it in the future. By the way, whey protein isolate is the best type of protein to consume.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    are they healthy?

Not sure. Ask their MD for their medical records. (Sorry I just couldn't resist).

Honestly it depends on your definition of "healthy". I eat them if I'm missing a lot of fiber and don't have enough calories to eat a significant amount of other fiber containing foods.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    are they healthy?

Think-Products-ThinkThin-Lean-Protein-And-Fiber-Bar-Cinnamon-Bun-White-Chocolate-753656711027.jpg

bar_zps96602bae.jpg

I buy them at Target. I also don't like the taste of Quest bars.

I also buy Luna Protein bars. They have less protein (12g) but I really enjoy them.
  • elphie754
    Options
    are they healthy?

bar_zps96602bae.jpg

Same here. To me they are too sweet, not in a good way and have an odd taste. I can never eat a full bar since I can't stand the taste.
  • mrsmalloryevers
    Options
    I do not have a Kroger but I do have a Target! I'll keep a lookout for them! Thanks!
  • elphie754
    Options
    are they healthy?

bar_zps96602bae.jpg

Same here. To me they are too sweet, not in a good way and have an odd taste. I can never eat a full bar since I can't stand the taste.
  • teegoods38
    teegoods38 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have tried the Quest bars , they are fullfilling and have a lot of protein and less suger than most protein bars I've had in the past. The Luna bars are great to...
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Pure Protein and Premier Nutrition Protein bars at Costco are also pretty good.
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    luna bars are awesome ,i feel good about eating them tried quest cookie and cream really good at first but the after taste isnt good .for price i would pay for healthier option
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    are they healthy?

bar_zps96602bae.jpg

I buy them at Target. I also don't like the taste of Quest bars.

I also buy Luna Protein bars. They have less protein (12g) but I really enjoy them.

I really enjoy both Quest and Luna bars. Quest bars are a pretty delicious way to pack more protein into your day. I only eat Luna bars as a treat because they're just not as macro friendly, but--my god--they are so delicious.
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    for price i would pay for healthier option

Price is not a prohibitive factor for me at all. What healthier option do you recommend?

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein and Premier Nutrition Protein bars at Costco are also pretty good.

Good to know. I drink Premier Protein's premixed chocolate and vanilla protein shakes all the time, and I've been eyeballing the bars. I'm just real hesitant to buy a box of protein bars because I don't want to waste any money on gross tasting products.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    The Nature Valley bars have the same number of calories, half the protein, almost 3x the fat, 3x the sugar, and a third of the fibre.

But, yes, they are cheaper.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I saw the Think Thin ones at Walmart, in a display in the pharmacy (near the protein section).
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I love Quest Bars. They help me meet my protein and fiber goals and make a nice snack or a quick breakfast.