Big losers: first or second half most noticeable?

Options
2»

Replies

• neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    For me, it was the second half. There was just so much happening BECAUSE of my weight loss: I literally had no shorts or pants that fit, comments from friends and family about how different I looked, the difference I felt waking up in the morning with no pain anymore, and just my own feelings of accomplishment for finally succeeding at weight loss.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    First half. What I found amazing was the amount of energy I had.
  • D_T_H
    D_T_H Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    for me it was both first and second half for different reasons first half brought far better health and mobility (getting off diabetes meds high blood pressure never ending joint pain in my feet and knees) the second half brought on people taking notice and myself feeling the reality of what I am truly capable of doing in life. I have lost 166 lbs since joining in march 2014 and a total of 272 lbs from my heaviest around 3 years ago
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    So I'm talking people who have lost around 70lbs+ ish! Was it the first or second half that had the most benefits? Not just how you look (that as well though!) but all the added bonuses that come with losing weight.

I would say the second half for sure, it's all good and all losing but when you start to see muscle definition you've never seen before and veins it's pretty awesome.
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I have about 90 lbs to lose and I can't wait until I'm half way there, let alone to the second half. Did you all that lost the weight notice a big change in Knee pain if you had it? I'm struggling so bad with knee pain and I'm hoping that it will lessen as the weight comes off.
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have lost almost 140 lbs. The 1st half and the 2nd have are two different journeys. I didn't start getting comments on my weight loss until I was down about 40lbs. That is also when I bought some new clothes that were more form fitting and my personal confidence was growing.

The first half was very exciting - losing weight in larger numbers, being able to do more things physically, seeing clothes sizes you hadn't used in 10 years. Tough as well because you are finding a new fitness and food routine. The lifestyle change was difficult but after about 6 months it becomes the new norm.

The second half there were less 'new' things happening. People were used to me losing weight and dropping pant sizes was great but I now expected it instead of it being a pleasant surprise.

You have to not lose focus... it's easy to stop after the first half because you are better than you have been in years and you could say 'this is good enough'. I had to keep strong and mix up my workout routine and try new foods to keep things interesting. I didn't want to just lose part of the weight, I wanted to go from morbid obesity to total health/body fitness.

In the second half I started strength training and more intense cardio workouts. Every once in awhile I will see an old picture of myself when I was 320lbs and I don't even recognize that person anymore. And after an intense 1-2 hour sweat session I stop and say to myself 'you just did that... you are amazing'.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I've lost 81lbs and I think for me the second half was better. No one really noticed even after 20lbs loss and some would try to give their unwanted opinions. But now everyone is taking notice and asking for tips.
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    sarah00b wrote: »
    I love this thread! I have about 90 lbs to lose and I can't wait until I'm half way there, let alone to the second half. Did you all that lost the weight notice a big change in Knee pain if you had it? I'm struggling so bad with knee pain and I'm hoping that it will lessen as the weight comes off.

I had bad knee and ankle and foot pain when I was heavier and I have seen a huge improvement in pain. I think the exercise and especially yoga, really helped with the improvement and of course not having all that weight helped too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!