Fitbit steps and extra calories!

Options
2»

Replies

• squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 6'2" and about 210 pounds. On a day he exercises at all and gets to about 15,000 his chargeHR will say he burned about 3500 calories. It seems very accurate. Depending on your size and activity level it may very well be right.

I use a fitbit flex. on days I go for a run or take more than 15,000 steps I burn about 2800 calories. That so far has seemed accurate as well.

If you're concerned it is too high, eat according to it for a couple days and if you put on weight set your calories to about 200 under TDEE and go from there.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    Options
    latheron wrote: »
    I need more info. Are you male first of all? 3500 would sound pretty ok if you are for 16000 steps. Have you your setting set to sedentary or active etc on MFP? have you calculated your TDEE online to see what the average amount is for your height/weight/age?
    Are you eating the same ? staying the same weight?
    I know, a lot of questions but as I said, more information is required before I can say that all is ok :)

I a female, 5ft 6 and 37 years old. I have the activity as sedentary.

Your weight will play a big role in how many calories you burned. Make sure your weight is input into fitbit properly
  • squirrelzzrule22
    Options
    also, if it is the charge HR, it is possible that you have a higher than average resting heart rate and it is measuring calories based on that. Just a thought, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you.
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had the fitbit zip while losing and it seemed to be pretty spot on as I usually ate back exercise calories (may not all it depended on day) and was losing at the rate I should.