Hello from NJ - what happened to me?!

Replies

• cbsheehan
    cbsheehan Posts: 6 Member
    No, I don't think I ever seen that in the grocery store. Where do you get that.
    Thanks for that info cbsheehan

You're welcome! I found mine at BJ's (warehouse store), but I *think* I may have seen it at my local ShopRite as well!

Here's a link to their info, HTH!
    http://www.betterbodyfoods.com/peanut-butter-powder/
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Ok great, thanks
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    I usually end up skipping out on peanut flour products, but have seen a couple of gluten-free recipes calling for it. I really need to look at Shoprite again when I'm ready to bake.

So how is everyone doing? I'm sat here having soup and hoping I can make my calories on it today. Seems like everyone I know is sick today.
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    cbsheehan wrote: »
    No, I don't think I ever seen that in the grocery store. Where do you get that.
    Thanks for that info cbsheehan

You're welcome! I found mine at BJ's (warehouse store), but I *think* I may have seen it at my local ShopRite as well!

Here's a link to their info, HTH!
    http://www.betterbodyfoods.com/peanut-butter-powder/

I am definitely gonna check this out, thanks cb!
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    lmaschreck wrote: »
    Waiting to see if there is anyone from Monmouth or Ocean County

Sorry, Middlesex

Current Middlesex Cty resident. Born in Brooklyn, raised in Staten Island, spent 4 years in Southern California as a teen, lived in Morris County to finish high school & between the end of college & getting married. Rutgers University for college.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited January 2015
    OK all you PB freaks ... Have any of you ever tried PB Fit Peanut Butter Powder? It's pretty awesome, albeit not as salty as I'd like it lol, but only 65 calories for 2 TBSP :-). It's a fave of mine to eat with apples!

Never heard of it, but when I was seeing a nutritionist she was trying to get me to try "PB2".

I read about it, and when you bring it up to the same volume by reconstituting it (or whatever you want to call it), it turned out to be exactly the same as real PB. Only difference is in powder form it's convenient for smoothies and such I guess.

I'd rather just be careful with the real thing. :) Ninja blender, peanuts, maybe a little dark chocolate, 2 minutes.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    belimawr wrote: »
    I hope so. I had posted another thread, I was trying to prepare for a long stay at work. Last time was 72 hours, but that was when I was more than happy to use junk food to keep awake lol. Now I'm just hoping I've got all the right stuff.
    I work in a hospital, & wasn't sure how long I'd be here, or how many shifts I'd be working. Cooked ahead, left food for husband & daughter, & had lots with me to choose from (had to have breakfasts, lunches, dinner & snacks!). Did great, and avoided all the cake & other things people had brought in. Honestly didn't appeal this time.
  • cbsheehan
    belimawr wrote: »
    OK all you PB freaks ... Have any of you ever tried PB Fit Peanut Butter Powder? It's pretty awesome, albeit not as salty as I'd like it lol, but only 65 calories for 2 TBSP :-). It's a fave of mine to eat with apples!

Never heard of it, but when I was seeing a nutritionist she was trying to get me to try "PB2".

I read about it, and when you bring it up to the same volume by reconstituting it (or whatever you want to call it), it turned out to be exactly the same as real PB. Only difference is in powder form it's convenient for smoothies and such I guess.

I'd rather just be careful with the real thing. :) Ninja blender, peanuts, maybe a little dark chocolate, 2 minutes.

Oh, I'd definitely not compare the reconstituted PB powder to mainstream PB, and as it's only mixed with water, it has no oiliness to it whatsoever. I can't speak of its texture for, say, a sandwich (not smooth enough for my tastes), but as I mentioned, as a spread it's pretty awesome (plus, don't they need to regulate labels and such? *shrugs* I dunno :-) )!

• NJGamerChick
    Very sad we're supposed to be getting more snow on Monday. :(
  • bgoddess2003
    I know, no more. ... it's so cold tonight already, uggh. :neutral_face:
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Very sad we're supposed to be getting more snow on Monday. :(

Waaaiiittt a minute... A potential day off right after the Super Bowl?!?! Sweet!
  • NJGamerChick
    They moved it to Sunday night into Monday. :p Either way, I know where I will be from now until Tuesday. LOL!
  • bgoddess2003
    Any day off that is paid , is great. Lol
  • bgoddess2003
    Ok, so I found the PB powder I'm excited to try it. As I'm standing there reading some young girl s as ys oh my girlfriend use that in her shakes and loves it and I thought if I only had a blender. Lol
  • bgoddess2003
    Ok I have say that PB was really good. I'm impressed.
  • Another Jersey girl here. I joined on January 3rd I think it was and have lost 6 lbs. so far. Another 30-ish left to go. I'm in Essex County! Welcome!
  • nicolenailah
    nicolenailah Posts: 8 Member
    One more from Jersey!!! Use to use this app alot, sadly I fell off... just getting back in to the swing of things..
  • cbsheehan
    Ok I have say that PB was really good. I'm impressed.

Yay!!! I've only used it as a spread, but I know others who use it mixed into oatmeal with cocoa nibs and I'll bet that's pretty awesome if you like oatmeal (not my thang)!

Trying to get back on my game after an indulgent weekend :s

Welcome to the newcomers!
  • NJGamerChick
    edited February 2015
    Shoveling is scary. Today I am breaking up ice. Not sure what happened, but it's like an ice skating rink outside, even where the town salted and sanded. If you guys are out and about, please be careful out there.
  • bgoddess2003
    I hope all New Jersey friends got outside today it might have only hit low 40's but the sun was out. Yay...