Worst shopping item for you?

Options
anadoesit
anadoesit Posts: 442 Member
For me it's swimwear. No matter how much I train and eat clean, I still dread the annual trip to buy swim togs for holidays. I swear those three way mirrors are the work of the devil.

What about you...what item of shopping (clothing) is your worst?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I really do not like bra shopping at all. I tend to find one bra style/fit I love and get it in 5 colors/fabrics for this reason.
  • BonafideBadGurl
    Options
    Any kind of lingerie.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    I really do not like bra shopping at all.

Omg. This. So much this.
  • lisalips30
    lisalips30 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    lol,, the NO-NO
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I hate shopping for jeans! If it fits in the waist, too baggy in the butt/thighs. If it fits great on my legs, too tight in the waist. Grrrrrrrrrrr
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I really do not like bra shopping at all. I tend to find one bra style/fit I love and get it in 5 colors/fabrics for this reason.

This. I have a very unaverage size, 34DDD, or 32DDDD (which I guess is more like a G). And it's a pain.

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    pants/jeans! No matter how small I am, I have a little bit larger stomach that butt/legs (not exactly an apple, though) and if stuff fits in the legs, the waist won't close and if the stomach fits, the legs are loose. I have to find jeans with SOME stretch in the waist, so they'll fit right.

^^^ Just saw her complaint is the same!
  • attosa
    attosa Posts: 419 Member
    Options

This. I have a very unaverage size, 34DDD, or 32DDDD (which I guess is more like a G). And it's a pain.

Same! :(
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Bra, no contest. The Best Thing Ever is to go to a top-notch lingerie shop and get fitted.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Bra or jeans.
  • beckibelgium
    beckibelgium Posts: 235 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I refuse to try stuff on in the shop after a incident where I needed my sister to pull me out of a dress in new look bloody boobs got in the way x
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Jeans! Too long, if they are the correct size for my waist I can't get them past my thighs. If they fit my bottom half the waist is too big, and way too high - shortest torso ever. Which makes shopping for tops impossible too. Speaking of tops, don't get me started on button up tops or anything v-neck or remotely low cut - it's a free show for all. -_-

Swimwear is always a nightmare.

And for bras, get fitted a few times a year. At least twice a year. And even if they tell you a certain size get a size above and below - especially in different cuts. There's no standard shape for the female body, so, we all fit differently. Like if you try on 36D, but you feel you don't have enough room across your back try a 38C. The cup will be pretty much the same, but you'll have more room around. I worked in a lingerie shop. Every woman hates bra shopping and it's awkward for us all. The girls working at the shop can help though.
  • brown996
    Options
    Jeans because I have tiny hips and a relatively flat stomach but bigger thighs and butt so I can never find any that fit correctly!! It's so frustrating!!!
  • brown996
    Options
    And of course swim wear but who doesn't hate swimwear?
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't like shopping in general. I go in the store to buy smth only when I need to. but yes, over all jeans fit are the most hideous , in my opinion. I'm a pear.
  • HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Pants. My belly sticks out like I'm 7 months pregnant, I have a bubble butt, and my legs are pretty thin, although, my thighs are getting a little fatter. I have to wear a big enough size (12) to fit around my belly/booty but then the legs are too loose and look stupid. Thank God for New York and Company, their pants fit very well.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Bras as well. I wear a 28 band (currently 28FF/H) so I can't go to any mall-type stores, only specialty boutiques where they're over $100 each.

I've finally found one I like for everyday and so I buy it in every colour they have online for cheaper, but every time I need something specific for a piece of clothing it's a nightmare all over again.
  • edensgarden2015
    edensgarden2015 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Jeans. I stress about even going shopping for them.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Bras, and it's not like I am unusual size (34C), I just hate shopping for them. Swimwear is another one that I would avoid like the plague (I have been wearing the same swim suit for years cause I just can't make myself go through the experience of a new one.