Road to a better me

Options
Hello, My name is Brittany,
I'm 22 and just finished my first year of nursing. Before school I weighed 150 (which i wasnt too proud out to start with) and at that i felt like i was pretty good looking, sexy even! But out of nowhere (it seemed) the freshman 15 hit me.. or in my case the freshman 20. My current weight is 171 on my 5'4 frame, I am unhappy.. I went up 3 sizes in jeans and a size in my shirt, most of my bras dont fit and every pair of pants I own I have a muffin top. This isnt the absolute clincher though, I wasn't set into getting healthy just from those things, my pivotal moment was a friend of mine saying to me "you must eat a lot of bread" and in response I asked why, what do you mean. "bread makes you fat". I've never been told out right "your fat" before, and it has been eating me up inside to the point I want to prove them wrong. I may be "fat" but I can change it, this "friend" however will never be able to change his ignorant personality. So here I am, on this site in which I found tons of motivation all ready and so many people just like me. I hope to make some friends along the way, and most importantly I hope to lose weight!
Here is a picture of me from today, please dont be too critical as I have just begun my journey.

b2ed0ce8-fea5-4734-a2d3-f39e60ca1b54_zpsb8041669.jpg

SDC10959_zpsc5cb29f0.jpg

15539560.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ok, first of all, I would never call you fat... you need to re-think that frienship :noway:
    Add me, I am always looking for new friends on this journey to become better us!
  • Jennel1975
    Jennel1975 Posts: 1
    Options
    You are NOT fat! What an unkind thing for someone to say! I think it's great you want to be fit and healthy! After all, that's really what is most important! :)
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Honey, if you were fat, which You are Not, they haven't even began to create a word for what I looked like when I started!! Add me if you need another Encouraging friend!!!
  • blaslo
    blaslo Posts: 3
    Options
    I truly appreciate all the support :smile: I look forward to the positive changes I will be making in my life. You are all very inspirational to me!