Dukan Diet

Options
I know a lot of people have negative things to say about a lot of peoples posts- to each their own. BUT I am just wondering who has done this diet, when did you start what was your weight, and how much lost over time and kept it off?

I am getting married in 3 months and really grabbing at straws. I have been suggested this by a few people and I have been on worse diets. I just want people to reply that have actually done this with their true results: when did you start what was your weight (I ask how much you weighed at start because bigger people will lose more and smaller people wont, me, I weight 225), and how much lost over time and kept it off?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Best wishes. <3 IF you cannot find anyone doing Dukan, do a search for South Beach or Atkins or Low Carb -- they are smilier.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    don't have any experience but wanted to say good luck and congrats <3
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat what you like in a moderate calorie deficit?
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to only start a specific diet programme if it is something you would consider carrying on for the rest of your life. The term "diet" is commonly used by people to describe a temporary period of time where they eat differently in order to lose weight. I would think of the term "diet" as the way I eat - every day, for the rest of my life. If this kind of diet is not something you want/can sustain in the long run, it doesn't matter how successful the programme is, once you "finish" the diet and eat "normal" again, you will just yoyo back. The only way to lose weight and keep it off in the long term is to change the eating habits that have led to the weight being put on in the first place. Whether that is going to be high protein, low carb, moderation overall, only fruit, no fruit, whatever - you need to find the way of eating that you can stick with and enjoy.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Btw, I am getting married this year too, so I know what it feels like. And maybe consider this, although there is only so much weight you can lose in 3 months, you can lose more inches/cm with strength training ... toning up doesn't lose you pounds but it does make the body tighter and therefore give you a smaller waist/hip/thigh ... :-) Good luck and hope you have a fab wedding day!
  • gbjess204
    gbjess204 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the responses! I do think I am going to give it a go. I normally eat meat and veggies. I am not a huge fruit person. I do need to stay away from carbs...thats my weakness.
  • BeeJayRN
    BeeJayRN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done it, it's great for a short term fix but not for the long haul; I did it for 6 was and incorporated hardcore excercising and lots of water and I lost between 35-40lbs; but once you start re introducing any carbs it starts to come back; you could do it and after the wedding and honeymoon just get on a clean eating diet to lose weight and keep it off;
    I actually do enjoy the Gallette you make for yourself for breakfast on the dukan
    Good luck and congrats
  • gbjess204
    gbjess204 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    BeeJayRN wrote: »
    I have done it, it's great for a short term fix but not for the long haul; I did it for 6 was and incorporated hardcore excercising and lots of water and I lost between 35-40lbs; but once you start re introducing any carbs it starts to come back; you could do it and after the wedding and honeymoon just get on a clean eating diet to lose weight and keep it off;
    I actually do enjoy the Gallette you make for yourself for breakfast on the dukan
    Good luck and congrats

What is the Gallette? I have not bought the book yet, I plan to do that this weekend and go shopping. When you said you did it for 6-- months?
  • krscffy
    krscffy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did it and had huge success, 30 lbs in abt 3 months but....20 came back a year later when I started eating normal food again. If you need a quick loss...good deal, if you want a healthy lifestyle, there are better options. BTW, I NEVER did this GALLETTE. I did get fiber from Wheat germ in my yogurt instead and it was pretty good.
  • liasmith777
    liasmith777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has done dukan and has kept the weight off for years. He adapted the fourth phase for the rest of his life and followed the other parts of the diet exactly as it says. I'm currently doing it and lost 18 pounds initially (took a break for the holidays AND maintained). I started back up about 3 weeks ago, and I'm back on track. I've lost 23 pounds total now.
    I tried so many other things, but my body wasn't doing anything but gaining. My friend (and chiropractor) told me about this diet and I've seen how it has worked for him. Personally, I would give it a try.