Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Yet Another Food Labeling Program

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I love food scores. I don't eliminate or include anything based on it's score alone, but I really do enjoy them.

I'm guessing you don't, which I get, but I think they're fun. :)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Personally, I have no problem with this. It doesn't address over-eating directly, but then, it's not trying to.

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    I like food scores, though I'm not into limiting my sodium (low blood pressure), so I'd resent that input. But I know people mostly try to limit it so it makes sense.

This is good for comparing packaged goods but I feel like the best advice is to shop the perimeter and fix your own food at home, and that most conscientious consumers probably do that or have their own favorite 'tricks'. But maybe not, too.

Also, I think some of the people who need help like this most are probably in the drive-thrus and pizza parlors. Or have no interest in eating better because they have more pressing concerns (to them, at the moment).

Did Canada do this?
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    I don't like that the scores are based on 'added' whatever. Body can't tell the difference, and to me, the score should reflect that.