Lifting WITHOUT broad shoulders

Options
2»

Replies

• Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it wasn't maybe improved definition from maybe losing some body-fat? It could just be the way you're built. It's important to think of your muscles as a unit. One dysfunctional area will negatively influence another and cause injury and / or just poor all around movement. That doesn't mean you have to go crazy with shoulder work. A shoulder press is enough to focus on your delts and traps. Dips parallel bars are good too. If you deadlift that will definitely work your traps.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    berrydana7 wrote: »
    i love doing tricep push ups since they place more emphasis on the triceps :D

If you want bigger triceps, just do overhead tricep raises instead. If you have cable machine, also do tricep extensions.

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Are you measuring? If not it could all be in your head.

Sounds like it's in your head to me too. If not, I wouldn't do anything upper body - better to be untrained than create an imbalance IMO.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Please tell me your secret. I'd love a little more muscle in my back shoulder area but, alas, the more I lift and eat at a deficit the overall smaller I become.