Protein from foods or supplements??

Options
Back training hard to get from 97-90kg, any suggestions on protein intake as I'm want muscle back but want to lose the excess I put on. Food or protein powders???

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I mostly get mine from food (yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, tuna, chicken, beef, etc.) I use protein powder a few of times a week though.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake inbetween breakfast and lunch at work. Although the bulk of my protein intake comes from eggs, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, chicken and turkey breast. I also eat a Quest protein bar on my weightlifting days before going to the gym.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Whichever you prefer. If you can do it with food, go for it. If it gets annoying eating all that meat, add in a shake.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit. During the warmer months I love my morning protein shake in replace of a meal. Right now I'm doing oats for breakfast and just adding a vanilla protein powder to it. But I also eat a lot of meat and when I'm not being lazy I make my own protein bars cause it satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • r1benson286
    Options
    Thanks all, it seems like it's all what fits with you. I'll try some combo's. Thanks all
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Personally, I want every calorie to be Real Food, but even when I'm on a mild bulk I'm generally only have 2500 calories to play with. When I'm on a cut (like now), I'm only playing with 1900-ish calories, and I want to enjoy every freaking calorie. But, hey, whatever works for ya.
  • r1benson286
    Options
    Good advice buddy. Thanks