Did the squats make my bum bigger???

Options
124»

Replies

• Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh and I believe most women prefer a nice round toned lifted booty...right? Who wants a flat one?! Lol!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hello.

Im currently 153lbs and 5'9". I was 140lbs prepregnancy and now Im 16month post preg and still 153lbs BUT I've been lifting heavy for a few months now. I was wondering if my bum has gotten bigger from doing the 30 Day Squat Challenge in April and then switching to barbell front squats in May (I started 50lbs 3 times a week, then 60lb, now 70lbs) The reason I ask this is #1 No where's closer to fitting my prepreg clothes. #2 A person(an idiot, fat old man) asked if I was putting on weight and that I was getting "chunky" last week and this week. Unfortunately I never took measurments before hand so this 2 things are just making my feel fat and that heavy weights aren't helping me look lean.... Thoughts people please!!!! Thanks

I can't help you. Either you don't log your food or you are over. If you are eating 1400 and exercising like you say, you should be losing weight noticably. You need to take pictures and measurements to compare against in a week or two.

I was eating 1700cals all along with say 2100cal day once a week plus my exercise. 3 times lifting and cardio 2-3 times. My TDEE is 2048 so 1700 is definately a deficit.... I guess I must be losing weight but the scale deosn't show it and my eyes don't see it. lol. how does that happen?!?!?

The last 2-3 months since I started dumbbell lifting, my weight initially came to a standstill and then slowed considerably. I continued to eat TDEEE-% for my activity, as well as continue an increasing strength training. While the scale loss was small, I went down considerably in inches and sizes. Then suddenly last week I went down 3 lbs. I also notice that the day after lifting, or 3-4 days if I do excessive, I go up a few lbs and then come down to previous level. Do you measure everything you eat, or do you eyeball?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I measure everything...but for June I've decided to cut wayyyy back on carbs. Pretty much just going veggies, olive oil, walnuts, almonds, protein and 2 servings of fruit per day oh and my plain 0% greek yogurt with frozen berries every breakfast. Mmmmm..... I think if some fat melts off this body then some actually muscle is gonna show - can't wait!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Also a butt sculpted and elevated by squats is rarely a bad thing. My momma was stingy when handing out the booty genes (but oh so liberal with the thighs.) and I'm using squats to try to make up for what she didn't pass along. If your booty is suddenly popping I'd say you're doing everything right.
    Try hip thrusts too, I hear they're great. I just started incorporating them in my lower body routine.
    I'll have to try this, hadn't heard they helped but I'm willing to give anything a go. I'm doing lunges, deadlifts, squats, sumo squats, wall sits...trying to circumvent genetics and get a high and tight butt is one if my major motivators. All suggestions are welcome.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Pics would help.

Well, I just wanted to tell you that you are gorgeous.

I just realized maybe you weren't talking about me and were commenting about OP instead...color me embarrassed. :embarassed:

No, I was talking about you!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Doubtful....
  • junctiongirl
    junctiongirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Squats actually have made my bum more round. It definitely didn't get any smaller just perkier and firmer.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

I dont like that kinda *kitten*. I thought I wanted to lift heavy but maybe i just don't cause i sure don't want anything big on my body...
  • courtneylouise1992
    Options
    If you listen to Sir mix a lot while you read this thread, it's hilarious. I had a good laugh.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    A picture would've settled all of this. lawl
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Don't see it as a negative imo:tongue:
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    The 6 donuts made your butt big...

j/k

Squats will tighten and round your glutes. Lift and round. If you mean making your butt big by sticking out them probably yes, but that's a good thing. No one wants a flat a** do they? If you mean hips wise, I'd probably say no. More likely the pregnancy widened your hips when you delivered. It's a natural thing.

Just keep squatting...
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options

I dont like that kinda *kitten*. I thought I wanted to lift heavy but maybe i just don't cause i sure don't want anything big on my body...

Ain't nothing wrong with that big phat booty!!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    The 6 donuts made your butt big...

j/k

Squats will tighten and round your glutes. Lift and round. If you mean making your butt big by sticking out them probably yes, but that's a good thing. No one wants a flat a** do they? If you mean hips wise, I'd probably say no. More likely the pregnancy widened your hips when you delivered. It's a natural thing.

Just keep squatting...

Okay thanks. I delivered by csection though and that was 17 months ago. Prob didn't widen hips. Dont know. But ya I guess these squats of 1 month squat challenge and 1 month 3 times a week bar bell round and stuck out my bum more! Prob just the comment someone gave me thats bugging me the most - makes me feel ugly that they said "puttin on weight" "puttin on weight" blah blah blah. GET THE HECK OUT OF MY HEAD!!! LOL.
  • dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you listen to Sir mix a lot while you read this thread, it's hilarious. I had a good laugh.

Agreed...I'm done with this ridiculous thread.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

Agreed...I'm done with this ridiculous thread.

Are you really done? U give up eh! Nice!!!!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You're growing muscle, so yes. If you do a lot of bicep work, your biceps get bigger. Same for bum. But you actually should see a more substantial increase in the size of your thighs from squats/lunges than your butt, since they work that more...
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    You're growing muscle, so yes. If you do a lot of bicep work, your biceps get bigger. Same for bum. But you actually should see a more substantial increase in the size of your thighs from squats/lunges than your butt, since they work that more...

Thanks skinnydreams - it could very well be that my thighs got bigger....