New here looking for some good motivators/friends to help me along my Journey!

Options
Hello all!
I am a 31 year old wife and mom. I have let myself go!!!! My weight last year was 173, I knew I needed to do something. So i changed everything worked out everyday, ate right, cut out soda. I felt great!!!!! Then my father who is my best friend suffered a major stroke. I was going back and forth from Phoenix (where I live) to North Carolina (where my family is). I put myself on the back burner, well not even there more like on a pot holder next to the stove.
Now a year later I am 193!!!!! I can't believe that I even wrote that number. I feel it too, this time I need help, I need friends to tell me get up and do it already. I also like a little competition :smile: So I am ready to get out of this depression and rut and get my life back together.

Thanks for reading
I hope to make many friends on here!!

Melissa

Replies

• robyn0212
    Options
    Hello all!
    I am a 31 year old wife and mom. I have let myself go!!!! My weight last year was 173, I knew I needed to do something. So i changed everything worked out everyday, ate right, cut out soda. I felt great!!!!! Then my father who is my best friend suffered a major stroke. I was going back and forth from Phoenix (where I live) to North Carolina (where my family is). I put myself on the back burner, well not even there more like on a pot holder next to the stove.
    Now a year later I am 193!!!!! I can't believe that I even wrote that number. I feel it too, this time I need help, I need friends to tell me get up and do it already. I also like a little competition :smile: So I am ready to get out of this depression and rut and get my life back together.

Thanks for reading

Melissa

• robyn0212
    Options
    robyn0212 wrote: »
    Hello all!

Thanks for reading

Melissa

Good going Melissa you started, that's the hardest part
  • skyandbrie
    Options
    Same here! 32 yr old mother of 2 girls ages 2 and 7 trying to lose 40lbs!
  • felixmommy
    Options
    Hi Melissa! Starting is hard part so congrats! I started my weight loss journey back in September. My journey hasn't gone perfectly but I'm getting there. I'm also a mother of one toddler boy and looking for other moms for motivation. I'll add you!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mom of a 9 year old ....This site works great as long as you don't give up like me ....I lost 78lbs but gained it back and then some and I deleted my other account ..so I am back starting over but I am more determined ...feel free to add me .........wishing everyone much success
  • reneecj8
    Options
    Hi Melissa, I'm 10 days in and it's working!!! I am also a mom of a wonderful 4-year old. You've already taken the first step... It's about to be day 11 and I can't wait to get on a scale to see where I am!
  • mjburgoyne
    mjburgoyne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you Melissa. I've started mfp over and over again. I just can't seem to stay motivated. Looking for a support system as well.