Finding a good simple pedometer that works well

Options
A few years back I got a really good pedometer and it worked well for a couple years. I bought the same type and I am now on my 4th exchange because they do not count steps well. I would blame it on my belly fat but the other one worked. In the meantime I purchased two other models from other locations and they did not work. Does anyone have a recommendation? I have heard Omron Brand is good. Dr Oz talked about an electronic one that is accurate. Can anyone make a suggestion?

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Fitbit
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I use the runtastic pedometer on my smart phone. It calculates calories (based on height and weight) and upload the calories burned to right to MFP.

It has 5 different sensitivity settings so you can adjust it to figure out what is needed for you. What is nice about that is sometimes what i'm wearing affects the number of steps (up or down) and I can adjust accordingly.
  • xunshakeablex
    Options
    I second the FitBit. It's more money but so much more worth it than the simpler versions that often have shakers in them. They're just not accurate enough. Plus the FitBit offers more flexibility and can upload to your computer.
  • Annwillbeslim
    Annwillbeslim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks....
  • Annwillbeslim
    Options
    What kind of a smart phone do you have? I have a BlackBerry.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I use the Striiv pedometer... I love this little gadget.
    It sync's with your iPhone and MFP and counts your steps, stairs, miles, and calories.

It's on sale at BestBuy right now for 29.99
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I do really love the Fitbit as well - I've worn one for over three years now. I wore an Omron before that (and truthfully, do still ... yes, I wear two). The counts are sometimes off by a bit, but close enough that I don't worry about it at all. I do love how the Fitbit logs everything automatically, and the visual representation of your activity is really great. Just bought three more (for my mom, dad and my son).

There is a thread about a deal ... a Groupon combined with a 20% off from Brookstone ...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1002587-fitbit-flex-or-one-wireless-tracker-55
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    fitbit one
  • Annwillbeslim
    Options
    Thanks.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I have two that I use. My primary one is a New Balance Via Slim. It is about $25 to $30 dollars and works clipped on pants or a skirt or in my pocket. I also have a sportline $5 one from Walmart that works fine for taking a walk but is less likley to pick up steps that are less vigorous.