Success with MFP

Options
Lindsay_the_great
Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there. I am not new to MFP but I am new to the forums. I have been using the MFP phone app for well over a year now with great success. I guess I should do an intro. I'm 30-something and living in Texas- North of Dallas. I make dolls for a living. I know that sounds weird but I love it. I am a newlywed, having finally found my true love. I have four amazing kids of my own and an awesome teenage stepson.
My health and weight have always been a problem. I am a First Nations citizen through my mother and a lot of her family struggle with health problems as a result of the "American" diet: namely, diabetes and obesity. I watched her struggle with her health and finally resort to bariatric surgery which did her a world of good but quite honestly scared the s*** out of me. I don't ever want to go through that.
About ten years ago I hit my max weight of 210 (I'm 5'5") after having my second child. My mother gently but not so gently dragged me to Weight Watchers and since it was on her dime I made it work and shed 70 pounds. I then found out I was preggers again and threw in the towel. Many years later and many pounds back up the scale I decided to get back on track and for lack of money, time, and desire to go to meetings, I began tracking with MFP and I have loved every minute of it. It is so easy and it's fun to try to meet all of my nutrition and exercise goals each day. It's like working a puzzle. I am so glad I found it.
I have reached my goal weight of 130, but I am not happy with the way things are at the moment. I wouldn't mind maintaining my weight or even gaining back a few pounds worth of muscle and shedding about 5 more pounds of fat. I just love how strong I feel being healthier and I want to maintain that as I approach my 40's.
Anyway that's me in a nutshell and I don't want to ramble but I would love to meet other people who in any way identify with me or live nearby. Friends and encouragement are always nice. :smile:

Replies

• Ragdoll_7
    Ragdoll_7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Lindsay, I would love to have you as an MFP friend! I'm new to the forum and am also working on strength training and my goal is to lose 20-25 pounds. I'd love to share words of encouragement!