am i wasting my time here? i am 150 pounds overweight

Options
2»

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Help is greatly appreciated. How do I add friends and get a support group?

Think of where you would be if you started a year ago today!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    How would joining MFP be wasting your time?? MILLIONS of people connect here, use the tools, and lose weight.

The support here is amazing. Add some friends, log in DAILY, eat at a deficit, and you will lose weight.

Put in the work (it's honestly not that hard) and you'll lose the weight. I'm almost halfway to my goal of 100 pounds in 4 short months.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options

LOL +1 to this.
    Help is greatly appreciated. How do I add friends and get a support group?

Think of where you would be if you started a year ago today!

• alishaflanary2015
    Options
    wow, this really is the place to be. So motivating and inspirational. I am actually excited and happy about this now!
  • jklei169
    jklei169 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    wow, this really is the place to be. So motivating and inspirational. I am actually excited and happy about this now!

FANTASTIC!! Hope you crush your goals.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Look at the motivation and support section. :smile: You should find plenty of inspiration there. :smile:
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You are DEFINITLY NOT wasting your time here. MFP works if you stick with it and are committed to it. You don't need crazy schemes, diets, gimmicks, or pills. Eat at a deficit and move more. I've lost over 80 pounds so far and I'm not stopping. Still losing weight and feeling GREAT!

YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    No you are not wasting time at all. I have been on MFP since 3/12/12. I have lost over 160#, more than half my present body weight, and have been on maintenance for almost 15 months now. If I can do this, anyone without health problems can. I am 63 years old.
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Look at the motivation and support section. :smile: You should find plenty of inspiration there. :smile:

And the Success Stories! I read them when I'm feeling depressed.

• ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    No ma'am! I started with 160 to lose and I still have 100.4 to go, but remember - doing what's best for the one, single body you'll ever have is the most important thing you can do!

My advice would be:

(1) Don't try to do everything at once. Don't pledge that you're going to eat below your target AND make all your food at all AND no processed food AND work out 6 days a week AND only eat organic AND ... AND ... you get it. It's too much. Picking up one habit is hard enough, and picking up 10 is impossible. Start by doing your best every day to stay below your calorie target and log everything. Once that gets easy, you can add one more thing.

(2) Forgive yourself and appreciate yourself RIGHT NOW. For me, I had the hardest time letting myself off the hook for my weight gain. I constantly was thinking "How could you let this happen" and "All this is your fault, look what you've done." You have to let it go. You have to love yourself right this minute, extra weight and all.

(3) Make friends on the forums! I'm happy for you to add me if you like, I'm very active. I've had huge success participating in weight loss challenges that pop up from time to time and it's allowed MFP to be a fun, supportive place.

(4) Breathe. The amount of time it takes to lose weight can be overwhelming but before you know it you'll start to see some amazing results. Remember - the time will pass no matter what you do. You might as well spend it doing something exceptional.

You can do it!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hell no, giddy up and kick some butt! YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This site is great for support!

You've got this! :)

• So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like - I've been around a while.
  • semo63936
    semo63936 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The more your over weight the easier it is to lose it. Takes effort but the first half drops easy its the second half that takes devotion. This app has helped me lose several ibs. Your not wasting your time.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You're absolutely not wasting time by being here. Sitting around and thinking about it is wasting time.

Advice? Like others have said, look around at the success stories like that guy ^^^. It will motivate the heck out of you to start. Today. Right now.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    When I started my journey I was 450. I have lost 103 lbs and would like to lose 147 more. You are not wasting your time for sure. Feel free to add me
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm about half-way done with my goal of losing 180 pounds. I log daily. It works! Feel free to add me.
  • mamacypress
    mamacypress Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Everyone's stories and photos on this post are so inspiring. Thank you for the boost and encouragement. Anyone please feel free to add me, too.