Less pizza, more veggies (does veggie lovers count?)

Options
2»

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    jmauerhan wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    jmauerhan wrote: »
    Yeah everyone focus on the word pizza, not the fact that the OP admitted she's been mindlessly consuming food, and wants to fix that. Good job.

Actually, people aren't really addressing the OP. They are addressing the comment that "pizza is a waste." Because, it isn't.

Yeah that's my point. No one has actually said anything else to her, no encouragement, no tips - everyone is just freaking out about one comment about pizza.

That's the waste.

Well, then, by all means....please provide your helpful info. Because, surely, this isn't doing much for her either.
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    kinardce wrote: »
    I had a lot of success using myfitnesspal about a year ago! Lately I've been slacking on my diet. Need to hold myself accountable for the foods I'm putting in my body. I've been mindlessly snacking on pizza, chips, candy, and soda. Time to bring some awareness to the problem and start keeping track!

I will keep it short! Why not change your psychology and focus from being a diet to creating a healthy life style which can include the food items you like to eat. Moderation is the key to achieving that which you want to accomplish. The best to you as you re-establish your relationship with MFP.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    cwlsr wrote: »
    kinardce wrote: »
    I had a lot of success using myfitnesspal about a year ago! Lately I've been slacking on my diet. Need to hold myself accountable for the foods I'm putting in my body. I've been mindlessly snacking on pizza, chips, candy, and soda. Time to bring some awareness to the problem and start keeping track!

I will keep it short! Why not change your psychology and focus from being a diet to creating a healthy life style which can include the food items you like to eat. Moderation is the key to achieving that which you want to accomplish. The best to you as you re-establish your relationship with MFP.

+1
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Solution:

Put more veggies on pizza.

Problem solved.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    MmMM, pizza! *eats her veggies and dreams of pizza* << This is how I do it! ;)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I am really honestly curious- how do you "mindlessly snack on pizza" it's something you have to order and cook- you have to go OUT OF YOUR WAY to have it.

Chips- easy- I can see that. put them on the top shelf of the pantry- I keep mine on the top of the fridge- I have to go out of my way to eat them.

So here's a thing I notice- I don't keep ANYTHING on the counter- exept paper work and sewing projects and appliances.
    No food is on the counter- nothing I can just quick grab on my way by- nothing- not a single damn thing.

put your food away.
    don't buy said food.
    don't order said food.

That being said- pizza is delicious- and I think it's worth having- but I'm not buying that you mindlessly snack on it- stop buying it- stop bringing it into the house- and order it once a week or once a month (I go about 2 months and I order out) .