Do people treat you differently after you lost weight? Does it make you happy, or sad, or both?

Options

Replies

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    ^ Lol, you can't decide what people are upset about because you are not them.

Based on what I read, I can if I want to.
    Nope.
  • Sinistrous
    Options

Nope.
    Oh yeah

No >:O
  • FrothyGibblets
    FrothyGibblets Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    To be fair, women do exactly the same if we are generalizing. Most won't look twice at guys who are overweight above a certain degree, depending on person. Some do, sure, but then so do some men.

I gave up being bitter (not suggesting you are OP, but I was at one point) about people and attraction. It is what it is. I get your point though, if I worked with a girl for years then after losing weight she suddenly gains interest in me, I wouldn't give her the time of day. This idea "I wasn't good enough for you before, you're not good enough for me now". It's flawed, she/he may be awesome, they were just not attracted to you in your former state, so we make the assumption they are shallow. Sad truth is, the person we meet in the outside world, also wouldn't have looked twice a year ago, but we don't have that rejection experience with them so our minds simply gloss over that part.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    While I'm positive some of it could be because of the lost weight, some of being treated differently could also be because you could be projecting yourself differently now. When people lose weight and take care of themselves, they gain self confidence and seem to be a bit more outgoing, friendly, etc. People could be responding positively to the change in the way that you carry yourself now.
  • Sinistrous
    Options

Nope.
    Oh yeah

No >:O

lol what is it that you are arguing? Because I said she would be upset if no one noticed her after her weight loss? Hell, ask her. I don't need to, I already know.

I'm just going to keep saying no until you agree with me LOL
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand why people suddenly feel it acceptable to discuss my weight. It was not appropriate 100 pounds ago, it is not appropriate now.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    No one even noticed. I only lost 30 pounds, but on my frame that's a lot. I didn't lose the weight to impress other people, though, so it really didn't bother me that no one noticed.
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm losing the weight for myself, but, with that said... I have noticed the more I trim up, the more I get guys staring at me at the gym. I'm not offended - I'm kind of flattered that I catch their eye (never had that before). It's a good feeling, to me, that I'm working hard and it's being noticed.
  • webuiltthisnicky
    webuiltthisnicky Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think I get what you're saying although other people don't seem to. People who knew you as a person and knew you to be interesting, smart, funny, or whatever your positive traits are, weren't interested in dating you before. Now, suddenly because you're a bit thinner, you're getting asked out by those same people.

I think it would be less offensive to be asked out by a stranger post-weight loss. They didn't know you before and they don't know you now. All they know about you so far is what they see standing in front of them, and they like that at the very least. People who knew you before but that wasn't good enough until you lost weight, well, that's a different story.
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    People who knew you before but that wasn't good enough until you lost weight, well, that's a different story.

Bravo!
  • CuriousPIunger
    Options
    I don't know why anyone would be upset over receiving attention after loosing weight. Success is a pretty attractive trait.
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    I don't know why anyone would be upset over receiving attention after loosing weight. Success is a pretty attractive trait.

Success or not, the person was not deemed "worthy" by the other one that deems them "worthy" now, and that is not a good feeling.

It will feel so good for them to say no :)
  • eddiedamn
    eddiedamn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    May33338 wrote: »
    I get attention from men who never even spared me a second in the past and I feel confused because I'm both flattered and offended at the same time because these are men who either worked or studied with me long before I lost the weight.

You're describing your frustration with my sole motivation. :smile:

• Sinistrous
    Options
    eddiedamn wrote: »
    I get attention from men who never even spared me a second in the past and I feel confused because I'm both flattered and offended at the same time because these are men who either worked or studied with me long before I lost the weight.

You're describing your frustration with my sole motivation. :smile:

LOL that username, though.
    Bahahha...
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    edited January 2015
    Options

People will treat you differently if you are more attractive to them. They will also treat you better if you smile more, act nicely etc. That's just how people are. Embrace it, be thankful, be happy and be you.
  • katiediem
    katiediem Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    YES! My older brother actually said he liked being with me more since I had lost weight because, "I couldn't stand to look at you before you lost weight!"