chocolate mousse binge

Options
dodojodie
dodojodie Posts: 35 Member
I'm still getting used to counting calories but I have problems at night, terrible cravings and just ate chocolate mousse . Friday's and weekends are the worst as I go out and binge which is terrible anyone have the same problem?

Replies

• CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    The more you keep track the easier it gets. I still eat sweets just about every single evening. As time goes by i either pick better choices or limit the amount i have.

You could plan ahead and make snacks that you can look forward to that will fit into your day better. If you package them ahead of time then it is easier to take just one or a small bowl of something rather than sitting with a ton of it and finding it hard to stop.

If you work harder during the week then the splurging on the weekends balances out. I like to think of it the same as money. The more i save now, the more i can spend later. It's all a budget.
  • dodojodie
    dodojodie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's awesome I like the idea of saving the calories up . Thanks
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dodojodie wrote: »
    I'm still getting used to counting calories but I have problems at night, terrible cravings and just ate chocolate mousse . Friday's and weekends are the worst as I go out and binge which is terrible anyone have the same problem?

eating a chocolate mousse isnt a binge....
  • CarrieCans
    Options
    I keep a spreadsheet to track everything. Some days i don't eat enough but then there are days that i eat way too much. I try to balance it out at the end of the week and if i am way off i can have a big snack or peddle my bike a little longer.

There are a lot of people on here that look at the entire week.
  • CarrieCans
    Options
    dodojodie wrote: »

eating a chocolate mousse isnt a binge....

Good point! I should have mentioned that.

It's especially not a binge if you make it homemade and up the protein and fiber in it.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Own it. You did it. Track it. Let it serve as a reminder to you in the future. If you get it in your head about the tracking you'll eventually stop or at least reduce your binging. Or at least you should.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Having looked at your diary why on earth have you chosen the chocolate mousse as the problem item?

Dinner - Hot Fries - Chips, 5 oz 750cals
    That jumped out at me when your calorie goal is only 1200 + exercise calories.