Motivation

Options
i need some. Lol. I've been doing really well with eating healthier but I just can't seem to get my butt off the couch to exercise. I hate it! What works for you?

Replies

• RockingDad
    RockingDad Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Start small, commit to doing something and build up the time. What activity are you looking to start? What do you enjoy?
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try running. I also have a yoga video that I want to do but every time I get home to do it, I take a nap instead. Lol. It's a sickness! What do you do?
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I don't wait to be motivated - I just GO. You just have to go. Do that consistently for a month and you'll start to look forward to it. But until then, just GO!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I know going to group fitness keeps me accountable. If I don't go a few days in a row, my instructor would ask where I was! Also I've slowly started to make friends with the people there. And once you start a class, you can't really leave until the end!
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    start out small. take a ten minute walk each day and build up from that
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    What distance do you wish to run? Maybe you could sign up for a race that you would need to train for to be ready and use that upcoming race and the registration money spent on it as motivation?
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Oh! Also Pact is an app on your phone. If you don't work out as many times as you say you will, you owe them money. If you do work out, you get money
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Great ideas. Anyone have experience with Pact? I just want to download it and was reading the reviews. The reviews are not so great.
  • trose1a
    Options
    I, too, have trouble with motivation. I thoroughly enjoyed Couch to 5K until my knee problems sidetracked that activity. I started on my treadmill, then went outdoors. It was nice and gradual, and a fun challenge. Music and prompts included. :)