best foods to blast belly fat?!

Options
What are the best foods/drinks to blast belly fat? My figure is hourglass so most of my fat is distributed to my mid section, annoying! X

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is just fat on the belly, no food, drink, supplement or exercise can remove fat form one specific area. When you lose/gain fat, you lose/gain all over, in a pattern determined by genetics. But you can strengthen muscles to make the area firmer.

I always thought hourglass meant big bust and bum, not a big belly? Are you sure?
  • webuiltthisnicky
    webuiltthisnicky Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Belly fat busters are a myth, sadly. You can only lose weight in your tummy If you're losing it everywhere else too.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I agree with what the others have said. And why would you want to blast the fat anyway? It sounds painful lol.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have advertisements blocked through my browser but last week i took that add on off for a while. There were ads everywhere about "5 foods to never eat" and "blast belly fat" all over every page. As long as those advertisements are around, these questions will keep popping up.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Stop thinking that there is a TYPE of food that "blasts" belly fat. It is the AMOUNT of any food that matters. People who tell you that there is a type are just trying to sell you something. Calorie counting is very bad for business but very good for your waistline.

Take this journey one step at a time:

Step 1: Get good at counting calories. This means logging every piece of food that goes in your mouth. Weigh everything too. Be honest and accurate.

Step 2: After you get good at counting calories, start tracking macros and fiber. Get a minimum of 0.75 g of protein per lb of body weight then about 30% of your calories should come from fat and the rest from carbs (CARBs are NOT bad!). Get about 30-40 g of fiber too.

Step 3: After getting steps 1 and 2 down, incorporate a good weight training program into your exercise routine. Lift heavy weights. Weight training will minimize the muscle loss while in a deficit therefore maximizing fat loss. No, you will not get bulky. Mix it up with some good high intensity cardio for best results.

Step 4: I recommend eating whole foods most of the time. However, if you want to have a cheeseburger every once in a while, got for it. Just log it accurately. There is no "bad" food. It's when you over consume food where it becomes a problem.
  • Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Not sure about blasting belly fat but I was advised to try a Kettlebells class if I wanted to work on that area. Using Kettlebells requires you to use and develop your core strength and can therefore help tone that particular area of the body. I'm going to join a class next week worth giving it a go and sure even if I don't blast that belly fat I will still be exercising, losing weight and hopefully toning all over.
  • FreshStart2015
    FreshStart2015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the same and I think its because I eat the wrong foods. I have skinny legs and arms in comparison so I am here to eat healthier and hopefully the belly fat will go down
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters, you can't target a specific area for weight loss. You can do exercises to tone your midsection, but unless you lose the fat covering it up it's not going to really do you much good. That being said, try to eat foods that are high in volume but low in calories (salads, for example). Also, foods high in protein will keep you full longer. Most importantly of all, just eat less than you burn and your belly fat will eventually come off! :smile:
  • riahb2012
    riahb2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @kommodevaran‌ yes your right, bum and boobs are big, but we are prone to that annoying fatty pouch on our tummys to! Lol
    Thankyou to everyone for the feedback!
  • exquizid11
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Stop thinking that there is a TYPE of food that "blasts" belly fat. It is the AMOUNT of any food that matters. People who tell you that there is a type are just trying to sell you something. Calorie counting is very bad for business but very good for your waistline.

Take this journey one step at a time:

Step 1: Get good at counting calories. This means logging every piece of food that goes in your mouth. Weigh everything too. Be honest and accurate.

Step 2: After you get good at counting calories, start tracking macros and fiber. Get a minimum of 0.75 g of protein per lb of body weight then about 30% of your calories should come from fat and the rest from carbs (CARBs are NOT bad!). Get about 30-40 g of fiber too.

Step 3: After getting steps 1 and 2 down, incorporate a good weight training program into your exercise routine. Lift heavy weights. Weight training will minimize the muscle loss while in a deficit therefore maximizing fat loss. No, you will not get bulky. Mix it up with some good high intensity cardio for best results.

Step 4: I recommend eating whole foods most of the time. However, if you want to have a cheeseburger every once in a while, got for it. Just log it accurately. There is no "bad" food. It's when you over consume food where it becomes a problem.

So Accurate
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    There aren't really any foods one can consume to "burn" fat. Eating less than you need is what does that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png