Would you rather....

Options
lose lbs or inches?
Just got back into working out after having a baby 2 months ago. I got on the scale this morning and haven't lost anything but I can look at myself and see that I'm getting smaller. I haven't taking my measurements this week but even I mom said she could tell.

So which one is better to lose or you would rather lose?

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    inches by far...... weight is an arbitrary number in my life. If I weight 170lbs and am rock solid and look good.. who cares what I weigh...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    inches of course...I would prefer to be smaller than lighter.

Neither is better it is a personal preference.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Inches definitely. Its something visible whereas with the scale only you know the exact number.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Inches!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't particularly care to lose pounds or inches. I want to look good. That may involve eventually *adding* pounds and inches in muscle mass.

The raw numbers are not important to me.

Looking and feeling good are.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Inches! Indeed I'm happy to have a higher weight number as it means I can maintain my weight at a higher calorie intake :smile:
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Inches!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Pounds makes more sense. The scale doesn't lie, but it isn't very hard to suck in the gut or push some fat out of the way to get lower inches.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Inches.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Pounds makes more sense. The scale doesn't lie, but it isn't very hard to suck in the gut or push some fat out of the way to get lower inches.

Only if you're lying to yourself. If you're honest, inches are better.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    inches :)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like both. I like to see that I've lost pounds and inches
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Inches. I'm within my healthy weight zone. I'd just like to lose my spare tire, which means inches lost. If I woke up tomorrow the same weight but with that gone, I'd go straight to maintenance.
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Right or wrong, I am fixated with that number on the scale. Never got into measuring. I can tell the inches by what pants fit me or not. I would rather see the scale go down.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Ideally, I'd like to lose both. But if I can only lose one, I'd like it to be inches. Only way to wear smaller clothing is to lose inches.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Inches short term. But you can't lose THAT many inches without losing pounds eventually. So in the long run....pounds.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be lame and say both...like Kailibertsch I measure my success by the scale, when I'm not doing well I avoid it. BUT...another great motivator is when pants fit again after not being able to get them on!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Pushing fat out of the way wouldn't technically be losing inches, though. So, if the question is which would you rather lose, then how/where/if you measure is irrelevant. Lost is lost.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    kyunda wrote: »
    lose lbs or inches?
    Just got back into working out after having a baby 2 months ago. I got on the scale this morning and haven't lost anything but I can look at myself and see that I'm getting smaller. I haven't taking my measurements this week but even I mom said she could tell.

So which one is better to lose or you would rather lose?

inches