Pedometer Sync

Options
Has anyone been able to sync Pedometer to Myfitnesspal?

Replies

• Jte1130
    Jte1130 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and it syncs up. The thing is for it to really show any exercise progress you need a significant amount of steps. I was pretty sedentary during the day. I've started using a treadmill so now I wind up with about 9000+ steps per day. This now shows up in my exercise calories burned on MFP.
  • mztak
    mztak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi - I also just got a fitbit but it doesn't measure the treadmill. I was thinking I will have to attach to my ankle to make it work. but it did sync great to Myfitness Pal
  • Jte1130
    Jte1130 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    mztak wrote: »
    hi - I also just got a fitbit but it doesn't measure the treadmill. I was thinking I will have to attach to my ankle to make it work. but it did sync great to Myfitness Pal

Hmmm that's odd. Did you try moving your arms when you walk on the treadmill? I'm not sure of the accuracy but I definitely see a huge spike in my steps after walking on the treadmill for about an hour.
  • MaraRose5759
    Options
    I have a garmin vivofit and it does NOT sync steps to myfitness pal. I add the amount of calories manually shown on the vivofit and it says I can eat like 2000 calories more. I don't think so. I am very unhappy to find that the vivofit is not a device that is able to be synced to myfitnesspal. Had I known that I would NOT have bought it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    mztak wrote: »

If it's one of the wrist models, try sticking it in your pocket. That's what I used to do when I had the Flex and was pushing a stroller. Other than that, I never had any issues with it picking up steps.
  • txaggies07
    Options
    I have a garmin vivofit and it does NOT sync steps to myfitness pal. I add the amount of calories manually shown on the vivofit and it says I can eat like 2000 calories more. I don't think so. I am very unhappy to find that the vivofit is not a device that is able to be synced to myfitnesspal. Had I known that I would NOT have bought it.

Check to see if the vivofit is estimating total calories. The Fitbit does this, but myfitnesspal reconciles it.
  • tibo1783
    tibo1783 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I have the UP and it seems to work, it auto adjusts calories for the day based on activity i do
  • shadow2soul
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @MaraRose5759
    VivoFit does sync with MFP. It won't transfer steps specifically, but it does send over total calories burned (which MFP uses for an adjustment...same thing you get with Fitbit/jawbone) and exercise logs.

Manually adding the calories from your VivoFit is not the same as getting an adjustment from it. Your Vivofit displays total calories burned (BMR + everything else). MFP already has your BMR figured as well as some activity. When you manually log every calorie your VivoFit says, your double counting a large portion of your calories.

The adjustment, however, will be:

VivoFit tracked Calorie Burn - MFP estimated calorie burn for selected activity level = +/- adjustment (you will only get a negative adjustment if you have them enabled and your total daily burn is less than MFP's estimate)

Example of VivoFit synced with MFP:
    g79f8wcot05q.jpg

Both Aerobic, General are workouts that were logged on Garmin Connect from my VivoFit. After syncing my vivofit I changed both activities to "Indoor Cardio" and when they came over they were logged as "Aerobic, General" on MFP.

Then there is the Garmin Connect Adjustment and the breakdown is:
    f2v5oi7loa0i.jpg

• shadow2soul
    Options
    Oh and the easiest way I've found of getting them to sync is to go to Garmin Connect on a pc and connect them from the Calorie In/Out tab (there is a big blue button on it when they aren't connected).