Newbie!

Options
Hi! I'm Siany and I'm from Swansea, Wales.
I've a huge amount of weight to lose so I'm going to be here for a while.
My left leg doesn't really work properly so I guess I'm classed as disabled because I walk with crutches but I still get some exercise in with my peddler.

I'm still in my first week. I've tried this in the past but I've never stuck with it but I'm determind now because I need to lose weight to have my knee surgery.

How is everyone today?

Replies

• IrishDawgg22
    IrishDawgg22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I recommend you add a bunch of supportive strangers to your friends list for motivation.

You can and will do this.
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hey there Siany, your more than welcome to add me. Swansea hey im down in good old somerset. Same here joined Tuesday and here for the long haul have 112 (8stone) to lose. So heres to making 2015 our year for a new us.
  • div9diva44
    div9diva44 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
  • Melicious78
    Options
    Please add! I am looking to build my MFP support group!!
  • TheFatBrokenGirl
    TheFatBrokenGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the adds :)
  • ROBtheMFPmachine
    ROBtheMFPmachine Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Losing weight is really hard, and I say that as someone who has only 15 lbs to lose, who exercises regularly, and eats relatively healthily. The *only* way to lose weight is to track your calories consistently and strictly. Without rigorous exercise it will be harder, I suppose, but everyone's different.
  • TheFatBrokenGirl
    TheFatBrokenGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I do about 30 minutes of peddling on my mini bike a day. One day arms, next day legs and then the next day I do light weights and resistance bands to build strength as directed by my physiotherapist. Then start the cycle again. Unfortunately no it's not rigorous but I do what my body allows for now. Hopefully as I gain a bit of a strength and drop some weight I may be able to up the amount of time I spend peddling or add in other exercises. My knee condition is permanent so it's not something I can heal from sadly but I do what I can.