Dumb trick for dumb me...

Options
I came up with a dumb trick for myself that seems to be working. I usually start my morning with coffee and surfing the net/facebook etc for what was planned to be a few minutes and then ends up being at least a half hour. I started the year off with telling myself that I could have my internet surfing ONLY after I did a work out. I have been able to do this every day but 2 days so far this year. On days when I do this trick, when I finally sit down for my surfing and coffee I find that I don't really have the interest to sit there and be on the internet. I'm not sure how long this will work for me but thought I would share. :)

Replies

• sradams1
    sradams1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    good Trick! Hey, Whatever works to make you work out!!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, when I get home from work I tell myself "you are not allowed to sit on the couch until you have completed one workout/stretch routine" has worked for me for about 2-3 weeks now :smiley:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Our brains are partially surprisingly stupid, and tricks like that can work wonders. Fun to see other people's simple hacks that can do a lot to improve our lives.