Total rookie!!

Options
hiiiiiii!!!

In need of some exercise tips on how to tone my inner thigh my triceps and a flatter tummy!

Heres a little background about myself! My outer thighs are pretty toned cos I do a fair bit of running and I've used weights to squat but I noticed my outer thighs muscles getting bigger so now I don't do any weights at all! I'm currently weighing at 65kg intended to drop 5-10kgs over time (but hopefully fast). I'd like to tone my inner thighs but squatting doesn't seem to be working in that area! Tummy is chubby .. My vline is vaguely there .. I wasn't toned enough for a 4-6 pack lol! And as for my triceps lol they look flabby !

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Options
    "Toning" is fat reduction, and it's not possible to target body fat. For an explanation, Google "spot reduction myth". I'd follow the standard fat loss plan of a calorie deficit plus full-body strength training to maintain a high metabolism. It's best to follow a good strength program, without modifying it to target your fatty areas. Good programs include NROL, Stronglifts, or work with a personal trainer.

Your thighs probably just appeared bigger, since the muscle layer shows through when you lose fat. Muscle doesn't bulk unless you're in a calorie surplus.