best snacks to curb sweet cravings?

Options
13»

Replies

• lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My question would be... Are you trying to cut out sweets? Or cut calories? Or cut sweets because of the calories they contain? The reason I ask is because the advice you are getting is all over the place. Some are high calorie but "healthier" options than sweets. Some are lower calorie but still have plenty of sugar. Just curious what you are looking for
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Amisha136 wrote: »
    An apple with about two servings natural peanut butter (make sure the ingredients are only peanuts - nothing else) kills all my cravings for sweet and fatty foods for the day. Also, you could get stevia, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder and whip it into plain greek yogurt or plain cottage cheese for a delish cheesecake like treat

For the calories in this you could probably eat almost a whole chocolate bar?

So my suggest would be...chocolate.
    Also, cheesecake-like? post-18723-Eddie-Murphy-dafuq-gif-Bg9F.gif
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    An apple with about two servings natural peanut butter (make sure the ingredients are only peanuts - nothing else) kills all my cravings for sweet and fatty foods for the day. Also, you could get stevia, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder and whip it into plain greek yogurt or plain cottage cheese for a delish cheesecake like treat

lol, probably also cheesecake! But probably NOT the whole slice of of peanut butter cheesecake my boyfriend got last weekend.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

lol, probably also cheesecake! But probably NOT the whole slice of of peanut butter cheesecake my boyfriend got last weekend.

OMG. that sounds delicious. I need to make that.
  • dieter1200
    dieter1200 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    a fun sized candy bar, sugar free fudge-cycle, Popsicle, sugar free jello, berries maybe add some light cool whip if you have the calories.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos Chocolate on Top (Chocolate covered strawberry) flavor. I didn't have a sweet craving and just ate it for the Greek yogurt, but boy, this was sweet. I can't even finish it because it seems too sweet for me.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with those who say don't deny yourself anything - just work it into your numbers.

For me, though, I know that once I open that door a crack, I'll be in trouble. Just a taste of chocolate - or the habit of munch, munch, munch at work - leads to a complete overindulgence. So ... right now ... I don't eat the darn Reese's peanut butter egg that we were talking about on a different post. I know the consequences for me. Maybe when I've hit maintenance again, I will be more reasonable with myself.

To curb my cravings, I munch all day long. In the afternoon (my trouble time), I eat protein clusters with a little dark chocolate in them, cereal, Lifesavers peppermints - anything to keep me munching at work (my trouble spot) and not giving in to a whole bag of M&Ms.

BTW, thanks for the protein suggestion. I don't get enough protein - and hadn't realized it might help curb my sweet tooth!
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Whatever you crave ... have it.

There is no long-term success in denial.

Just keep it reasonable and within your calorie quota.

This! I also recommend going for the good stuff. It tastes better and is overall much more satisfying. I tend to have at least one piece of chocolate daily.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Meat or frothy coconut oil coffee (blend coffee and coconut oil in blender, throw in some unsweetened cocoa powder if you want). Just be careful if you aren't used to coconut oil not to start out with too much, it's a great laxative in amounts you aren't accustomed to, not so great if you don't need a laxative!