Not enough time

Options
Okay so heres the deal. I don't have enough time to eat the calories I need. I usually only eat about 900 a day I know I am gonna put myself in starvation mode but I don't know what to do. I work in food so I am around it all the time you would think I would have time to eat but I don't usually then when I get off from working bout 12 to 15 hrs that day I go to the gym or a tennis lesson. I know I could eat foods that are in higher calories but they aren't as healthy and I want to eat healthy too. I would love some ideas please.

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    You probably need to up your fat intake a little bit.

An ounce of nuts, full fat yogurt with some berries, nut butter with an apple or celery sticks, cheese and apple.

Those are a few snacks that would up your fat and calorie intake and these are all healthy alternatives.
  • mamitc01
    mamitc01 Posts: 43
    Options
    Organic peanut butter, any kind of nuts, olive oil on whole grain bread or salads... I know, that's piling on the fat, but they are healthy fats that are high in calories.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Same as the other two posters said--a gram of fat has over twice the calories as a gram of carbohydrate or a gram of protein, and if you're mindful of the types of fats you eat (less saturated, more unsaturated, and AVOID trans fats) it's not all that unhealthy.

Good luck!
  • CocoFire
    CocoFire Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My trainer has me packing wraps in a cooler for days when I will be on the go. He says to use the green tortillas, grilled meat, lettuce, chili and cilantro if you like them, and a squeeze of lemon. I can eat them in the car as I drive (don't tell anyone). Its a good balance of protein and carbs and tastes good. I'm just keeping the tortilla separate from the filling until I'm ready to eat it then I toss it in and eat... and drive.

Maybe not the best advice, but it helps for days when I'm away from the house from 7am till 9pm.
  • PaleoIsPossible
    Options
    Eat some almonds. 1/4 of a cup is about 170 calories, and packed with protein and good fats. Just throw them in a baggy ahead of time, and you're good to go! :]
  • buttercupke
    Options
    Thanks so much for the wonderful ideas!!!