Question about tracking

Options
jen_092
jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
Hi all - what do you guys do when you eat something from a local restaurant, bakery, shop, etc? I went out for dinner last night at a local restaurant and asked them for the nutrition info but they didn't have it. I ended up logging a very similar meal from a larger chain. But I doubt I'll be able to do this every time.

I don't plan to eat out often because the calories are ridiculous. But I wanted to ask for the future. Thanks!

Replies

• GiGi8990
    Options
    Usually when I log in the name of the restaurant or fast food place it comes up. Or type in the type of food..there data base is big
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I just try to break it down, usually you will know the size by the menu (like a 6oz Chicken breast) and just break down the ingredients from there. after you get your entries built up it gets easier.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The best you can do is try to find something similar. I always try to overestimate the calories to be on the safe side.
  • trishd6
    trishd6 Posts: 20
    Options
    If it is a restaurant you cannot find in the database you can break down your meal and log it that way.
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just try to break it down, usually you will know the size by the menu (like a 6oz Chicken breast) and just break down the ingredients from there. after you get your entries built up it gets easier.
    trishd6 wrote: »
    If it is a restaurant you cannot find in the database you can break down your meal and log it that way.

Great idea, thank you both!
    SueInAz wrote: »
    The best you can do is try to find something similar. I always try to overestimate the calories to be on the safe side.

That's smart! Thank you
  • _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Break it down... make it a meal and then you will have it for next time. It takes some time to accumulate your stuff but then you'll have it and it wont seem so daunting.