ADD and running ...

Options
I just had an incredible run - set my psyche straight for the rest of the day. I use running for therapy.

If you are new to MFP and fitness in general and wondering what exercise will work for you, give running a try (even if your gym teacher made you run laps in gym and you hated it) ... because if it works for you (it doesn't work for everyone) there's *nothing* in the world like it (imho). ;) Now ... back to work and whatever else the zillion other thoughts in my head feeling like doing!

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    +1
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I hated running when I was younger. The mile I had to run before gymnastics practice was torture. In my 20s and 30s I joked that you'd only see me running if I were being chased. In my 40s I started running and I love it. I have a half marathon this weekend, in fact.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    good luck! Not sure where you are, but it's going to be a gorgeous weekend in Virginia, U.S. - perfect for running!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    It is definitely worth a try. I tried the C25K app and hated it at first (ended up running/jogging too fast during those intervals) but eventually I grew to semi-enjoy it. I am not always in the mood for running and I'm very temperamental about it but one of my best accomplishments was completing a 5k and being able to run. Who knows when zombies will attack?
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    right?! It's all about preparation for when the zombies attack. (I've been told I'll be the first one dead because of my skepticism.) ;)
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    During and after a good run I'm so focused. Also, if I'm stressed out my brain has a way of working out or around the problem during a run without actively thinking on it. Very rewarding.