Binge eating, Sugar cravings, carb cravings... Low self esteem - u name it, I got it!☺️

Options
2»

Replies

• div9diva44
    div9diva44 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The journey is hard but easier with friends! I can relate completely! Got lots of encouragement to anyone who needs! No one should be alone.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm sarah! :) I'm on here all the time and happy to support in any way I can. I guess my best advice would be eat what mfp tell you but don't cut out all the foods you do like to eat. Find an activity you love. And if you slip up, just accept it and move on. Mostly never forget that how much you weigh doesn't define who you are. I know that's a mentality I struggle with but it is the truth. I'm sure you're smart, sweet and beautiful regardless of how much you weigh. Do this for your health and to feel better all around.
  • veronique817
    Options
    I definitely feel the pressure to lose weight especially when I go out so I try to cover up as much as possible so no one sees me. I am tired of being the easy target when it comes to jokes. I had even stopped eating at work for a while because I am self conscious about people looking at me eating. I have my wedding coming up in about 3 months. I need all the support I can get. If you would like to your more than welcome to add me.
  • BritDillinger
    Options
    I can definitely empathize and would love to add you for encouragement and support. I recently returned for the very same thing. I came from a very bad state of mind just this last year and have been taking the time to recover and feel better about my relationship with food and with people. It has shaken my relationship with friends, family, previous coworkers, et cetera. But people don't need to have what I had to feel these horrible pressures from society about our bodies and compulsion to eat away our emotions.

Let's all be happy and healthy, eh? :smile:
  • MissAlks
    MissAlks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Omg Dubai just does this to everyone !!! Options are great and restaurants and access to food is so easy :(
  • hmcbride68
    hmcbride68 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Apazman's advice is perfect. The whole trick is to enjoy life and love yourself at the same time. That means being good to yourself (including your body), forgiving yourself, allowing yourself to make mistakes, and appreciating all the pleasurable things in life (including delicious food). It's a balancing act for sure, but it's not that hard once you learn to let go
  • dmoseley389
    dmoseley389 Posts: 78 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think the problem is that we all enjoy the wrong foods, then beat ourselves up about eating it. It is about changing mindset, change a bad habit for a good one, set small achievable goals and take one step at a time. The fat may have rapidly jumped under our skin and settled but to remove it takes a lot longer. We have to have patience and perseverance when it gets tough. The first step has been made by talking about it on here. The journey begins now and together we unite, we will fight the fat war and WIN!! Life is about living and living life to the max! Start liking yourself it's important to like yourself it will give positive fibes instead of negative ones. Beauty comes from within. You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • tiffanyaldrich512
    Options
    When you crave foods, or are bored, or your body is telling you, you are hungry. Try drinking a glass of water, if you are still hungry then eat something, if not ask yourself why? If it's not a good reason then try to do something else. Find out why you have those craving bored? Go for a walk, listen to music, talk to someone, not bored and just stressed, take a hot relaxing bath, vent to someone, and if not that, trick your brain and chew gum. And try taking fish oils that have the right amount of omega 3s in them. I take the nature made fish oil soft gels, 1200 mg but has 360 mg omega 3s helps reduce the stress hormone in the visceral fat under the muscle, helps boots mood and fat and muscle inflammation.
  • bpclark
    bpclark Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Motivation is my problem! We moved back to the states about a year ago, and I've been steadily gaining, so I've come back to mfp. It was good to me a few years ago, so I'm hoping it will be good to me again! Looking for others on the same road to help each other along.
  • dmoseley389
    edited January 2015
    Options
  • Nancyaburke
    Options
    Oh my I hear you!!!! I'm a personal trainer in NY and I think the tools on this app are amazing. I'm here to help with anything you need. You can totally do this!!!
  • dmoseley389
    Options
    jmb6086 wrote: »
    I can relate to a lot of what is being said. @blake8646‌ i have about the same amount to lose, although it was added after i came home from being abroad.

Im a big believer in being body positive no matter what size you are, but that doesnt mean i dont want to change things. You just have to do it for yourself.

I'd love to add friends and for some to add me.. I don't want to come off as a creep. But I need some accountability in my life.

You can add me if you like
  • dmoseley389
    Options
    Hi everyone how's it going?
  • SherrieBee71
    SherrieBee71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site myself. Your title hit home because that is exactly how I am. The first day I logged into this site, I sat reading up on it and how to use it, some stories. Eating PIZZA!! Ugh. It's frustrating. BUT? After reading more. And following my sister, who is also on this site and knowing she can stalk me (LOL), I am doing it. Getting inspiration. And if I feel a fall coming, I text her what I am eating, or pics of it lol. And READ READ READ in here. We can ALL do it. We just can't stop believing that. A good tip I have gotten is that if I fall off the wagon, get right back on! Don't let it be a road block. Now put down that burger girl and get to it! :)
  • krishawyatt95
    Options
    I am also in your position and would love to support you if you help support me! Yours truly-Krisha :)
  • aliciahollinger
    aliciahollinger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Apazman wrote: »
    Here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards, post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about weight loss.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than a butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support each other
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. It's easier to lift weights than continue the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. Take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile

I SO needed to read this today! Right on the money with one.. ;-)

We are all in this together and it is freaking HARD! I got you back lady!