Pole Fitness

Options
hey,
I was wondering if anybody does any kind of pole fitness?

Is it best to join a class? Or could I just buy a pole and learn?

Thanks

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I started poling at the beginning of this month. I go to classes, but you can definitely go the self taught route.

I personally recommend going to 1 or classes first to determine if this is something that you like enough to invest in a pole. Poles are expensive. The good ones start at $299. I wouldn't want to invest that amount of money in a sport unless I was absolutely sure it was for me.
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I went to some classes and then was bought a pole for my birthday. I'd deffo recommend joining a class as you'll always have someone to spot you plus oyu get to meet a bunch of new people :)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend going to classes. It helps to have an instructor there who can pinpoint exactly what you need to improve upon to do the moves. You'll also have classmates who can spot you, which is a huge help in building confidence to try new moves. My pole friends are some of the best friends I have! :)
  • mymudpupp376
    mymudpupp376 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Classes are great! A good instructor can help you get from beginner to advance safely without injury. There are so many little tricks and tips to get you into the moves. Classes also get you motivated especially when you start making new "pole" friends. It's definitely a fun community and very supportive. As you progress it's also nice to have a spotter!! Lol