Is it possible to lose weight doing fitness class 5x a week

Options
I absolutely HATE it in the gym. I find working out on treadmills and cross-trainers really boring and I give up too easily but I do not want to give up trying to get fit. I prefer fitness classes as there are people to motivate you and it is more fun. My schedule will be this, 5 classes per week.

* Zumba
* Step Aerobics
* Body Combat
* Body Pump
* LBT (legs, bums & tums)

All which are 60min workout.

Will I lose lots of weight this way? I am under my calorie goals and I am also a housekeeper so getting a minor workout there, and I am aiming to lose 1.5lb a week. Thanks :)

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat in a deficit, you will lose weight.

Exercise is for health/fitness. It will help get you into a deficit, but it's not necessary for that aspect.

As such, hit your Calorie goal (provided it's set to lose weight) and you will lose weight.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you weigh and log your foods accurately to your chosen calorie defecit goal you will lose weight

If you don't over-estimate your calorie burns from exercise that is

The exercise is immaterial to weight loss (apart from mental gains, fitness gains, extra calories, mood enhancement of course)
  • clairet11
    Options
    How many calories a day basic are you on? I have just started this same routine but the excersize ups my calorie in take requirements and I can never eat enough. I struggle with 1200 a day !..
  • Cornat55
    Options
    You will definitely lose weight working out and eating healthy is the key! Good luck!!
  • missbutterfly92
    missbutterfly92 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    clairet11 wrote: »
    How many calories a day basic are you on? I have just started this same routine but the excersize ups my calorie in take requirements and I can never eat enough. I struggle with 1200 a day !..

I am on 1,420 calories a day. Same here, I actually have to eat LOADS of healthy food to reach my calorie goal, including calories earned by exercise.