Canned Tuna

Options
2»

Replies

• lilliemayflower
    lilliemayflower Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I take one can of tuna, Progresso Italian bread crumbs like 1/2 cup seasons it pretty good, and a raw egg. Mix together in a bowl. Form a patty and cook in skillet with olive oil. Top with mustard, tomato, or whatever you like.
  • margieshoe
    margieshoe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Jte1130 wrote: »
    Just picked up some Starkist Solid White Albacore tuna. In the past I've mixed it with mayo but I'm looking for some healthier alternatives. Does anyone have any recommendations or recipe suggestions? Thanks

I use some soft tofu. I add a little minced celery and dried onions flakes and a dash of pepper. It has a nice texture and adds protein. I put this on top of a salad and dont even need to use salad dressing.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    If you buy cento or tonno brand, nothing needs to be added.
  • ak592
    ak592 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Substitute mustard for mayo.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    RinnyLush wrote: »
    Mixed with Tzatziki, onion, and feta in lettuce wraps!

Ooh yeah that sounds good, have tried loads of mixes but didn't think of this!
  • AliUnrau
    AliUnrau Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I like to mix my tuna with a little bit of mustard
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I take one can of tuna, Progresso Italian bread crumbs like 1/2 cup seasons it pretty good, and a raw egg. Mix together in a bowl. Form a patty and cook in skillet with olive oil. Top with mustard, tomato, or whatever you like.

This sounds delicious! I'm trying it!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it with hummus :)
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    For dinner, I like it on top of rotini with steamed broccoli, shredded parmesan or mozzarella and some garlic powder, salt and pepper, and maybe a little lemon juice.

For lunch or a snack I'll mix it with cottage cheese, avocado, pepper and tomato and either roll it up in a wrap or dip with whole wheat saltine crackers.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Oh yea and also the laughing cow cheese wedges. only adds 35 cals and is still super creamy!!!