Tattoo sexy or not? Whats your tattoo?

Options
13»

Replies

• HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

[/quote]
    Totally agree!! I've just paid £400 for a half sleeve.
    [/quote]

Oh yes I have spent quite a bit but don''t regret it one bit! I realize tattooes are not everyones cup of tea..... but its a good thing I don't care ;) I love them!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Depends on the tattoo and person. Some people pull them off. Some people look trashy with them. Just depends I guess. I have two 20 year old tattoos that I wish I didn't have, but they don't bother me either (despite one of them looking like a water color these days). It seems it's more common to have a tattoo than not which is strange to me but whatever. It does get redundant seeing the same sleeves...the same rib tattoos....etc, so I appreciate a creative tattoo regardless on whether I would want it or not.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mmm I love tattoos- I have 5 at the moment.

1010697_536527279041_6210771244793998960_n.jpg?oh=f843b21922cf9d434c4ef5ba05eec292&oe=5523C95E

tumblr_niaf8rp1aD1rymdg2o1_1280.jpg

I also have a turtle between my shoulder blades, four leaf clover on my ankle and shooting stars on my lower back.

Please ignore the crappy quality of the pics.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos. I have two - upper arm and upper back between shoulder blades. Currently looking for a quality tattoo artist to work my upper arm tattoo into a half sleeve.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

The line work on that text is beautiful! So clean.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

The line work on that text is beautiful! So clean.

Thank you- I love my tattoo artist :)
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wasn't raised in a tattoo family. Me nor my husband are fans of tattoos.... It's just not our thing. Both my daughters have them and neither one of the tattoos looks good. One daughter had one done that had meaning but the art work is poor.
  • mjsmamma
    mjsmamma Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Short answer: Can be sexy.

Long answer: I am 49 (eek) and I got mine when I was 19 (it was NOT popular like it is today) I got a small pansy and I still love it. I got it right beneath my bikini line because I didn't want anyone to judge me. It is definitely an art form. However, I also look at some people who are covered with them, necks, faces and all, and I wonder what thought process they went through for them to decide that it was a good idea. Not judging, I am just very interested in people. I have often thought of getting another one but first of all, getting a tattoo hurts, and I can't think of an image, symbol, word, lyric or anything else that would carry me through all the stages and changes one goes through in a lifetime. My beau has an Eagle on his upper arm which he got while in the Army. He's proud of his service and I am proud that he served, so that's what makes it sexy to me.
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    mjsmamma wrote: »
    Short answer: Can be sexy.

Long answer: I am 49 (eek) and I got mine when I was 19 (it was NOT popular like it is today) I got a small pansy and I still love it. I got it right beneath my bikini line because I didn't want anyone to judge me. It is definitely an art form. However, I also look at some people who are covered with them, necks, faces and all, and I wonder what thought process they went through for them to decide that it was a good idea. Not judging, I am just very interested in people. I have often thought of getting another one but first of all, getting a tattoo hurts, and I can't think of an image, symbol, word, lyric or anything else that would carry me through all the stages and changes one goes through in a lifetime. My beau has an Eagle on his upper arm which he got while in the Army. He's proud of his service and I am proud that he served, so that's what makes it sexy to me.

I personally try to get tattoos that always have meaning. I still have several I want but nothing that does not have a meaning of some sort behind it. I am definitely not a fan of a bunch cross bones and skulls or what not on women, I mean to each their own but its just not for me. I prefer prettier tattoos on women. I have to say to the age old question "aren't you afraid of what they are going to look like when your old." #1 when I am old the majority of old people will also be tattoed LOL its just this generations thing. #2 Luckily the quality in ink and what not has for sure gotten better, its meant to look good and last longer. #3 NOPE I am not worried about what they will look like at all when I get old. Fact is I will be old wrinkly and saggy.... I will be happy to look back on them and think Man I loved my life and everything it brought me :)

• Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Me and my daughters are getting infinity symbols that say I Love you criss-crossing with To the moon and back, a moon along the edge and stars connecting it. I have been telling them that everyday since they were born :smile:
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Depends on what and where. I didn't get mine to be sexy, I got them as a personal reminder of milestones in my life and they are hidden: a gecko on my right hip (beat thyroid cancer in 2005) and a hard-to-describe symbol on my left ribs (symbolizes motherhood which shouldn't have been possible for me).

What I love about tattoos is that they are so personal and transcend all walks of life and social classes.
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    Me and my daughters are getting infinity symbols that say I Love you criss-crossing with To the moon and back, a moon along the edge and stars connecting it. I have been telling them that everyday since they were born :smile:
    I love mother daughter tatooes. I can not wait till my kids get older and can get one with me, If they want to of course LOL
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Never been much of a fan. A cute tramp stamp is OK, but ink all over a woman's body just doesn't appeal to me.

I am not anti-tattoo. I just don't care one way or the other.

I hate with a passion when some moron spells something wrong in their tattoo. That A) makes me laugh at them uncontrollably, and b) pity them for being a doofus.
  • joeruns2eat
    joeruns2eat Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love them. Love women with them and I love mine. I want MORE!