Weight loss

Options
What is the best workout to lose stomach fat? Besides running?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    . You can't spot reduce.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    There are none. Eat less, my friend.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you cannot spot reduce. Run a calorie deficit and lose fat everywhere. Eventually, the stomach fat will come off as well (for a lot of people, myself included, it's the last place to go).
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and lift heavy.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is influenced by genetics mostly. Unfortunately for most of us, the belly is the first place to gain, and the last place to lose. Your belly fat will gradually reduce as you reduce your overall body fat percentage. Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce which sucks for everyone.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Working to tone the stomach muscles can make the area look better. But weight is lost by eating at a deficit, and you can't control where it comes off first.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Read the OP in this post (it's also stickied at the top of this sub forum: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    As others have said: can't spot reduce. You just eat at a deficit and the weight will come off where it wants.
  • daravanhm
    Options
    But isn't that running everyday can get your body used to it, thus causing it not to lose weight?? Idk I read that in an article