Chobani Yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If you have an Aldi by you - definitely try the Friendly Farms Greek 0% milkfat. It is 140 calories, 24 g of protein, and only 7 sugars (one of the lowest I have seen). I add a little honey or Stevia to sweeten and a little granola for a great snack with lots of protein.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I get the 4% Chobani plain as it's the only full fat greek yogurt I can find at the grocery. It's great - I usually have 228g a day - helps me meet my fat macro - and when I mix it with 28g of chocolate whey and 5g or so of unsweetened cocoa, it's divine - a small meal that feeds my chocolate habit and has 320 calories, with 40g protein, 3g fiber, 12g fat and 17g carb (10 of that from the yogurt). My version of "protein fluff" lol
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Kirkland brand greek yogurt looks just like Chobani, packaged same, same flavors. 28 grams protein; costs .74 each. I eat one for breakfast every day.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Chobani, Simply 100. LOVE! <3 I practically live on that stuff. Good protein and fiber. A good portion of the real estate in my fridge is reserved for this greatness.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options
    Eat it everyday...my favourites are mandarin and the apricot one
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I hated there Greek yogurt, it was watery and horrid so I binned it and went back to my Jalna Greek Yoghurt.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Dort68 wrote: »
    Since the recall of Chobani last year and the serious case of c.diff my best friend suffered at the hands of the recalled Chobani, and the company's lack of response or concern for those they made ill with their contaminated yogurt, I no longer purchase Chobani. It's all Greek yogurt. I buy a different brand now.

I work retail and I SAW that company's recall. I happen to think that they took it VERY seriously. In what way did they not have 'concern"? I"m curious.

And I prefer Oikos, the Key Lime Oikos is to die for. For me, the chobani 100 is too fake tasting, just like the yoplait is. I grew up on Yoplait and ate it for years. Now, after eating real yogurt, Yoplait is icky to me.

Noosa is also excellent, although it's full fat and not a 'diet' yogurt. It has nice protein, though.

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I like it but for some reason it doesnt seem like real yogurt.. like there is more air or something. Not sure. Still nice though.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Dort68 wrote: »
    Since the recall of Chobani last year and the serious case of c.diff my best friend suffered at the hands of the recalled Chobani, and the company's lack of response or concern for those they made ill with their contaminated yogurt, I no longer purchase Chobani. It's all Greek yogurt. I buy a different brand now.

I work retail and I SAW that company's recall. I happen to think that they took it VERY seriously. In what way did they not have 'concern"? I"m curious.

And I prefer Oikos, the Key Lime Oikos is to die for. For me, the chobani 100 is too fake tasting, just like the yoplait is. I grew up on Yoplait and ate it for years. Now, after eating real yogurt, Yoplait is icky to me.

Noosa is also excellent, although it's full fat and not a 'diet' yogurt. It has nice protein, though.

It was originally not a recall. When they first noticed issues, they had issued a warning. 2 weeks later they did a full recall. In all fairness to them, they really thought it was an isolated batch issue. Besides- it was kind of obvious if you had a bad one- the tops were bulging/exploding. Since the recall they have changed manufacturing and transportation.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I only eat plain Greek yogurt, and I don't really like Chobani. I know it's more expensive, but I prefer the texture of Fage. Chobani is too watery.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I only eat plain Greek yogurt, and I don't really like Chobani. I know it's more expensive, but I prefer the texture of Fage. Chobani is too watery.

I agree it has a bit of a watery texture. What I do, is when I open it, I pour the liquid that is on top out before I mix it. This seems to give it a nicer creamier taste.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    I eat plain Greek yogurt, which I add fresh fruit and nuts to.
  • kmunis
    kmunis Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am still in recovery from my pineapple Chobani addiction. But I am trying to eat cleaner and reducing sugar so that meant the yogurt had to go.