How do you track your progress?

Options
I've just began my journey (again) & in the past I've been very conscious about what the scales say. This time though I am thinking of tracking my progress through measurements alone...

I am just curious on other people's opinions? What's better in your opinion: the scales, measures, photographs or something else I haven't thought of?

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to lose weight when I didn't track ny weight on the scale.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Numbers on the scale and by my how clothes fit (better).

• ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Scale results, but on a regular basis at a fixed time. I'd weigh myself every now and then, but Sunday mornings, naked, after going to the toilet were my 'track' readings. Way too much fluctuation to pay heed to the daily readings.
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I prefer measurements. I don't care how much I weigh, I care how I look and feel.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    jelgey wrote: »
    I've just began my journey (again) & in the past I've been very conscious about what the scales say. This time though I am thinking of tracking my progress through measurements alone...

I am just curious on other people's opinions? What's better in your opinion: the scales, measures, photographs or something else I haven't thought of?

I weigh once a week. I take measurements and pictures once a month. I notice the way my clothes fit. I notice that I'm getting more flexible or stronger when I exercise.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I track weight, but don't really care about the number.

My progress meter is my visible abs.

They are currently at 4 heading toward 6.

Soooooon ....
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Honestly? By trying on new clothes.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    Honestly? By trying on new clothes.

Seriously ... What's your shortcut for the letter colours ... You can't be coding each one :smile:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    For me it is scales only - haven't seen any results with measurements or clothes.
  • dizustyross
    dizustyross Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A good mix of scales, measurements and mirrors for me
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have not stepped on the bathroom scale for a while.... I'm working on gaining more lean muscle, and the number on the scale won't help much. Skin fold calipers and a measuring tapes are my tools of choice. And there are a few skirts and pants that I like to fit in.... I'm 5'5", and I used to be a size 8-10 at around 130 lbs, and now I'm mostly a size 4 at the same weight.... I'm happy perfectly happy with that... =)