What was the worst fad diet you ever tried...

Options

Replies

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    Demonizing sugar diet.

the non-demonizing sugar diet

So non-demonizing sugar type of diet was the worst diet you've been on?
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    worst has to be the month the doctor convinced me to go on orlistat, side effects were horrendous.

they then switched me to another tablet that made me stupidly hungry and was then withdrawn because it led to suicidal tendancys in many patients

with cambridge diet i lost 8 stone in 7 months....... and my health
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    The Master Cleanse. My husband used to stare in awe as I gagged down the salt water flushes. :s

30 bananas a day....who here was stupid enough to believe Freelee? *raises hand*

There were others, including various pills and potions, but those stand out.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    The Master Cleanse. My husband used to stare in awe as I gagged down the salt water flushes. :s

30 bananas a day....who here was stupid enough to believe Freelee? *raises hand*

-raises hand-
    I believed her and sulked about how I wouldnt be "able" to do it. Because fruit CANT POSSIBLY make you fat, right?
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The Five Bite Diet. Horrible.
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The Chris what's his name carb cycling diet. I have never been so confused with which day to eat what I lasted a week and a half, the I gave up sugar one absolutely pointless... I also tried paleo enuf said on that
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    "clean eating"
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Take a look at this loveliness..Weight Watchers recipes, 1974.

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards/czarina.html

Horror.gif

Do. Not. Want. They all look disgusting and odd. No thanks. I'll stick to real (normal) food.
  • cursumxperficio
    Options
    A tie between keto and pineapple diet. Keto made me an über *kitten* and I friggin' hate pineapple.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The military diet plan. I WAS SO HUNGRY. Lost like 7 pounds in 3 days but gained it all back immediately.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Atkins for sure
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

She is so cute tho! Clearly she's working out like a fiend to burn up those nanas.

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    the oatmeal diet....a small bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, skip lunch, one small snack, small dinner....I nearly passed out after 3 days
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i made up this diet when i was a teenager it was the "only chew gum and eat dill pickle popcorn diet"

it was not that bad i highly suggest it to all
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    The 3-day diet. "Lose 10 lbs in 3 days!! Hey, why not?" :noway:
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Smart for Life Cookie Diet - Eat Cookies, Lose Weight‎ - The worst by far.Horrible little cookies. Smart for life what a joke cause if that's my life just shoot me now. Way worse than Slimfast.
    Don't hate me but I still like cabbage soup but fixed up way better with chicken, like chicken cabbage soup, instead of chicken noodle.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Take a look at this loveliness..Weight Watchers recipes, 1974.

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards/czarina.html

Horror.gif

Do. Not. Want. They all look disgusting and odd. No thanks. I'll stick to real (normal) food.

Nothing tastes like Fluffy Mackerel Pudding.

And, let us all be grateful for that.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The "Eat for your blood type" diet.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

She is so cute tho! Clearly she's working out like a fiend to burn up those nanas.

Clearly I was missing that element. =) I was too mesmerized by 'fluffy, floaty, poos' :p