Low carbs high protein diet ?

Options
anyone tried it?

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an Atkins diet. I do a version of the keto diet which is Low Carb but it can not be High Protein but must be High Fat.
  • crash5699
    crash5699 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Keto here, too. Low carb, moderate protein, high fat. Started it to keep my sugars under control, kept at it because it's amazing :)
  • lilyevelyn
    lilyevelyn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great thanks yeah Atkins is kind of what it is like a friend of mine also said about fats included in your diet
    Great that your sugars are getting under control
  • Muscletech25
    Options
    I'm currently doing it, what are your goals tho?
  • alaskanb0y06
    Options
    I stick to a low carb and high protein/fat diet and it seems to work for me! But everyone is different. Personally I like it because I constantly feel full! I am no expert, I haven't even read about diets really I just started doing it because I love meat, cheese, and eggs so much ha.
  • sqsharaf
    Options
    I am on it right now and lost nearly 24 kg
  • jo171086
    Options
    Hi, new to this. Trying to have a low carb and high protein diet. It's hard to believe things that are carbs. It appears that almost everything is made up of some form of carb. Struggling with what to eat at lunch time. I'm a hairdresser so don't get much time tbh
  • lilyevelyn
    lilyevelyn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Muscletech25 I need to loose 60 kilo so far have dropped 10 kilo
    Alaskanb0y06 I do love eggs meat and cheese also lol
    Sqsharaf that is totally awesome you must be thrilled
    Jo171086 I too feel full while on it, I even struggle to actually eat as I have always been a huge meal skipper so I have been trying to just get down little bits so far it is working a little at a time

Thanks for all your comments please feel free to add me if you would like to just chat
  • leighdavies03
    leighdavies03 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always thought the Atkins diet was high in fat? X x
  • jessicanwill
    jessicanwill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    jo171086 wrote: »
    Hi, new to this. Trying to have a low carb and high protein diet. It's hard to believe things that are carbs. It appears that almost everything is made up of some form of carb. Struggling with what to eat at lunch time. I'm a hairdresser so don't get much time tbh

Salad is good for low carb high protein especially chef . Atkins makes microwave meals that fit that too. Subway has chopped salad that aren't bad on carbs. If nothing else you can order a burger without the bun just check nutrition first.
  • Swan37
    Swan37 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Been doing it since 2010 and will never go back. :)
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Did it for ages, it works, I lost a lot of weight. However the best bit is when you stop doing it and get to eat carbs again :lol: