VSG - Looking for support!!

Options
I just got my sleeve surgery date!! 01.29.14! SO excited!! Looking for support. Would be happy for any/all advice and any friend requests :)

Replies

• hduncan7080
    hduncan7080 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I was sleeved on 1/29 too. How are you doing? I'm still on full liquids and struggle to get my water and protein down. Please add me: hduncan7080
  • cmpleonard
    cmpleonard Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing a bit better. I am eating small amount of solids here and there. But mostly I am just focusing on liquids and protein shakes. Did anyone tell you to drink something hot in the morning?? No one told me at first. Once I was told to do that it was so much easier to get my liquids down the rest of the day.
  • jcomaianni323
    jcomaianni323 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm getting sleeved on Wednesday and I am very nervous..
  • cmpleonard
    Options
    Congrats!! I don't regret it for a second!! I'm still figuring it out. It's not easy but if you follow the guidelines you will do great???
  • cmpleonard
    Options
    That was supposed to be!! Not ??? lol

• aliciawlowe
    Options
    Congratulations I am 1 month post op. Its a life change really I struggle to eat anything now and don't get hungry at all. No one told me to drink anything hot in yhe morning but if it works for you great, I only did that when i had a stomach ache.
  • cmpleonard
    Options
    The reason for the hot liquids (I was actually told to do it twice a day - morning and night) is that everyone has mucus that drains all day every day.. And with the pouch being so small the mucus tends to build up in the stomach/esophagus making less room for protein drinks/food. So the hot is to clear the mucus out and therefore reducing nausea and allowing room for the necessary protein drinks. Congrats on the 1 month. Its definitely been life changing for sure!! I get hungry IF I don't get my protein in. but otherwise no hunger. Very happy about that!!