Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

still confused - please forgive.

So, I've been looking at my numbers and I don't know if I'm overthinking this, but I'm still a bit confused.

According to MFP, for today I ate 1485 calories and I got 455 calories from exercise. So I have a net of 1030 calories, which, I've been reading is too low.

YET, according to my fitbit I logged in about 1903 calories of activity. So if I take away what I ate, I have a deficit of 400 some calories. Which is what I also read I'm supposed to be at minimum for less than a pound a week. which looks about right to me.

So am I doing my math wrong?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    According to MFP, for today I ate 1485 calories and I got 455 calories from exercise. So I have a net of 1030 calories, which, I've been reading is too low.

YET, according to my fitbit I logged in about 1903 calories of activity. So if I take away what I ate, I have a deficit of 400 some calories. Which is what I also read I'm supposed to be at minimum for less than a pound a week. which looks about right to me.

So am I doing my math wrong?

If the 1900 is your total calorie expenditure for the day (is that what Fitbit reports) then yes you had a 420 cal deficit which is sensible.

If the 455 of exercise is correct (???) and the Fitibt is correct then you used 1450 calories for your BMR and normal activity, which seems a bit low although possible. So I suspect the 455 is overstated.

If you have a fitbit doesn't it integrate with MFP and avoid the need for logging exercise ??
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Calorie counts for exercise may not be accurate.

If you are doing mainly step based activity, I find the fitbit is much more accurate than MFP estimates.

If you have a fitbit it might be better to link the accounts and let it edit your exercise calories and not log any step based activity.